- Judge Tones decides not to seek 5th term on the bench. Walker, James // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);2/23/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p12A
The article reports on the announcement of District Judge Gil Jones in Highland Lakes, Texas regarding his plan not to seek re-election in 2012 at the end of his state-of-the-courts address.
- Marburger gets probation in boating death. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);1/25/2012, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p1A
The article reports that Travis Marburger who was pleaded guilty for the death of teenager in 2002 in a boating accident in Lake Buchanan was given 10-year probated sentence by U.S. District Judge Gil Jones.
- Jurist Retiring. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);12/12/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 50, p1A
A photograph is presented of Texas District Judge Gil Jones who is retiring on December 31, 2012.
- Former district judge lends support to Stubbs; excoriates Dan Mills. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);2/26/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 9, p6A
The article reports on the argument of former District Judge Gil Jones of Burnet County, Texas regarding the assertion of District Judge Dan Mills that local courts are being attacked by liberal trial lawyers as Jones endorsed Evan Stubbs in the 242th Judicial District primary in the county.
- Accountant given 10 years probation. Walker, James // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/26/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 21, p1A
The article reports that accountant Shayne McBride of Burnet, Texas has filed a plea of guilty of misapplying of her client's money worth 50,000 dollars for personal use, but was given a probation period of 10 years by Judge Gil Jones of the 33rd State District Court.
- Judge says history education a 'key' West, Geoff // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);3/24/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 12, p21A
The article reports that Judge Gil Jones of the 33rd District Court has sent an e-mail to the school district officials of Burnet and Marble Falls, Texas to enhance students' knowledge on history by giving them books such as "America: The Last Best Hope," by William J. Bennett.
- Splitting courts gets cool reception from county. Crews, Chris // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/29/2006, Vol. 134 Issue 48, p1
The article reports that a proposal to split the two district courts into four on county lines was not accepted by Burnet commissioners. Burnet and San Saba were to come under the 33rd Judicial district while Lliano and Blanco counties were to be under the 424th Judicial District. The views of...
- Deaths. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Feb2011, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p58
The article presents obituaries for Leo J. Gehrig, former physician and former director of the American Hospital Association's Washington, D.C. office and for Stephen A. Morris, the former president of the American Hospital Association's board of trustees.
- Bernadine P. Healy. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct2011, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p62
The article presents an obituary for Bernadine P. Healy, the former director of the U.S. National Institute of Health.