- How to Pick a Preschool. Van Vleet, Carmella // Parenting;Feb2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p148
Presents information on the factors to be considered in choosing a preschool for children in the U.S. Curriculum; Teachers; Teacher/student ratio.
- MEDIA WATCH. // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);4/3/2008, p5
This section offers news briefs concerning preschool education in Great Britain as of April 2008. Louise O'Donnell, a nursery nurse, has offered shocked parents special Easter deals on sex toys, lubricants and dildos via her playgroup's electronic mail (e-mail) mailing list. A third of a tonne...
- Naming and shaming for pre-schools. Simpson, Sue // Education (00131156);Oct2010, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the concerns expressed by the New South Wales (NSW) Teachers Federation over the process of rating Department of Education and Training (DET) pre-schools on the MyChild Web site administered by Australia's Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations. This...
- Venkaiah Naidu unveils Telangana's first National Pre-School Chain. // Digital Learning;2/9/2016, p1
The article reports on the opening of the Sanskrit Global Pre-school, the first National Pre-school Chain in India's Telangana state and is also the first pre-school chain owned by a woman educationist.
- FormaciÃ³n docente en el Ã¡rea de la sexualidad para preescolar. Centro Local Metropolitano, Universidad Nacional Abierta. Tremont, Giomar Navas // Revista de InvestigaciÃ³n;sep-dic2011, Vol. 35 Issue 74, p89
The research was intended to analyze the educational level, regarding preschool children sexuality education, in preschool students, at Universidad Nacional Abierta, Centro Local Metropolitano. Study descriptive--analytical conducted under a non experimental- transeccional design. 32 female...
- Expert model. // Teaching Exceptional Children;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p14
Looks at the role of the teacher as a preschool education resource teacher. Information on a meeting held for a number of children who would be served in a general preschool classroom; Concerns surrounding how to meet the needs of children with developmental delays; Indepth look at the design...
- First-Day Fears. Glazer, Susan Mandel // Teaching Pre K-8;Sep2000, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p130
Offers tips for pre-school teachers. How to deal with children; Recommendations from Phyllis Fantauzzo, a school psychologist.
- The big picture for little people. Webster, Nancy // Education Week;8/3/94, Vol. 13 Issue 40, p52
Discusses the vicissitudes of teaching a pre-kindergarten class. Difficulty of implementing a competency-based curriculum; Management of 4-year-olds learning to control themselves and trying to get along with each other.
- DEVELOPMENT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL READINESS TO WORK WITH GIFTED CHILDREN FOR PRESCHOOL INSTITUTION TEACHERS. Bondarchuk, Olena; Dovgan, Natalia // Social Welfare Interdisciplinary Approach;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p56
The article presents a model of pre-school teachers' psychological readiness to work with gifted children. The program of a special course designed for extensive development of readiness and teachers' training to work with gifted children is presented. The effectiveness of the developed program...