- GENERAL OBJECTIVES OF IMPLEMENTING SHORT-TERM COUNTERMEASURES. // OECD Papers;2003, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p9
Presents the general objectives for the implementation of nuclear emergency countermeasures of the Nuclear Energy Agency in France. Reduction of health consequences; Minimization of contamination in the environment; Decrease in the psychosocial impacts.
- THE ORIGINAL QUESTIONNAIRE OF NEA. // OECD Papers;2003, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p73
Presents the original questionnaire on short-time countermeasures of the Nuclear Energy Agency published in the August 2003 issue of "OECD Papers."
- FOREWORD. // OECD Papers;2003, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p3
Focuses on the increase in the activities of the Nuclear Energy Agency to assist the improvement of nuclear emergency. Improvement in nuclear emergency management; Topics discussed in the workshop of the agency; Total questionnaires answered by members.
- CONCLUSIONS AND PERSPECTIVES. // OECD Papers;2003, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p69
Focuses on the use of a questionnaire by the Nuclear Energy Agency to obtain views from member countries. Opportunity of the member organizations to compare emergency management practices; Similarity of the implementation of sheltering in other members; Importance of protecting livestock...
- RELATED U.S. AND INTERNATIONAL AGENCIES. // Congressional Digest;Jan1969, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p5
Lists U.S. and international governmental agencies concerned with the development, application and regulation of atomic energy. U.S. Atomic Energy Commission; U.S. Arms Control and Disarmament Agency; International Atomic Energy Agency; U.S. Defense Atomic Support Agency.
- AgriLife Extension making Texans 'aware to prepare' // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/13/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p10
The article informs that the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, a statewide educational agency, is supporting the National Preparedness Month.
- Virginia Department of Emergency Services has new name. // Fire Engineering;Sep2000, Vol. 153 Issue 9, p36
Reports the change of the name of the Virginia Department of Emergency Services to the Virginia Department of Emergency Management.
- FEMA learned Andrew lesson, prepared for Luis. Smith, David // Caribbean Business;9/14/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p30
Reports on the development of a disaster readiness plan by the Federal Management Emergency Agency (FEMA) in Florida to help the state in times of disasters and catastrophes. Details of how FEMA responded to various disasters which occurred in the state; Problems with the federal strategy for...
- Terror Alert: OC Sheriff Taps Businesses in Anti-Terrorism Effort. Cain, Sandi // Orange County Business Journal;9/13/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p16
Focuses on the function of the Orange County Sheriff's Terrorism Early Warning Group in California. Facilitation of information sharing among government agencies; Detection and prevention terrorist activity; Development of plans to respond to terrorist operation. INSET: Off the Beaten Track.