World News Briefs
- ACTIVITIES 2012. // Journal of American & Canadian Studies;2012, Issue 30, p85
The article discusses several conferences relating to American and Canadian studies, including the ''Sophia Symposium'' held between June 8th and 9th, 2012 pertaining to Hurricane Katrina and the March 11th, 2011 earthquake and tsunami in Japan, the ''JAAS Tokyo Proseminar'' in Tokyo, Japan and...
- Negotiating the immigration maze. OTTE, JOHN // American Agriculturist (0161-8237);Aug2014, Vol. 211 Issue 8, p25
In this article, the author discusses the U.S. immigration policy, comments that it is a puzzle and adds the documents provide by him while applying for a permanent visa for family reunification in Brazil.
- GOP loses on immigration. MOULITSAS, MARKOS // Hill;11/19/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 116, p25
The article comments on immigration reform in the U.S.
- Law and Borders. RODRÍGUEZ, CRISTINA // Democracy: A Journal of Ideas;Summer2014, Issue 33, p52
The article focuses on the localized immigration lawmaking, which has been happening across the U.S., due to which states and cities have always found ways to shape, unsettle, and complicate national immigration policy. It highlights California's struggle to define immigrants' place in the...
- African Leaders Meet to Discuss Immigration Reform. Foster, Heather // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p61
A blog on the meeting of a group of African leaders at the White House to discuss the benefits of immigration reform for African immigrant communities is presented.
- American Businesses Support a Path to Citizenship, a Shot at the American Dream. Escobar, Felicia // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p64
A blog on the impact of a comprehensive immigration reform on businesses in the U.S. is presented.
- WSJ editorial on immigrants borders on senseless. Malkin, Michelle // Fort Worth Business Press;3/29/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p29
Comments on the editorial published by 'The Wall Street Journal' on the investigation of illegal aliens prior to the legalization of their residency status in the U.S. Editorial board's lambasting of the principled conservative critics of provision 245(i) of the federal immigration law;...
- An Immigration Policy for Today. Briggs Jr., Vernon M. // Business Forum;Fall85, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p9
Addresses the issue of the need for an effective national immigration policy in the United States. Labor market trends that should be considered by the government in drafting an immigration policy; Economic consequences of the existing immigration policy.
- New immig. policy goes easier on parents. HESSON, TED // Filipino Reporter;8/30/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p4
The article reports on the new immigration policy in August 2013 that allows immigration agents to not pursue certain low-priority immigration offenders, including those who are parents of minors.