Information Literacy in Banaras Hindu University Library System
- Leadership challenges in academic libraries in Moldova, Norway and Romania. Repanovici, Angela; Landoy, Ane // Qualitative & Quantitative Methods in Libraries;2014, Issue 3, p701
The main focus in the Moldovan-Norwegian library development project "Development of New Information Services for Moldovan Higher Economic Education", is on developing the academic library of ASEM, Economic Academy of Science of Moldavia, for the benefit of Moldovan students and scholars. This...
- Embedding Information Literacy in University Curricula: Policies, Strategies and Reflective Educators. Tonning, Anne Sissel Vedvik; Gullbekk, Eystein; Skagen, Therese S.; Torras Calvo, Maria Carme // Nordic Journal of Information Literacy in Higher Education;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the author discuss reports within the issue on topics including the development of services at academic libraries , libraries and a (IL) support and development of librarian's role in IL training .
- Assessing Information Literacy Skills Development in First Year Students: A Multi-Year Study. Fain, Margaret // Journal of Academic Librarianship;Mar2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p109
The article discusses a five-year study of the information literacy skill development of first-year undergraduates at colleges and universities in the U.S. The article reviews the literature pertaining to the topic and the methodology of the study, including the instruction given to...
- TUTORIALES WEB: INDICADORES Y EJEMPLOS DE BUENAS PRÃCTICAS. Somoza-Fernández, Marta; Rodríguez-Parada, Concepción // El Profesional de la InformaciÃ³n;ene/feb2011, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p38
University libraries make web tutorials on a variety of topics. Often they are efforts to improve user's information literacy and to show them technological improvements on interactive interfaces. A methodology with a total of 34 indicators to be taken into account in the development, evaluation...
- The role of academic libraries in the enhancement of information literacy: a study of Fort Hare Library. Somi, Ntombizodwa G.; de Jager, Karin // South African Journal of Libraries & Information Science;2005, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p259
Students today are faced with many difficulties in finding information, because new technology makes information available in different, mainly electronic, formats. For this information to be accessed and used properly, students are required to be information literate. It is a duty of today's...
- Site License Initiatives in the United Kingdom: The PSLI and NESLI Experience. Borin, Jacqueline // Information Technology & Libraries;Mar2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p42
Examines the development of site licensing within the Great Britain higher education community. Response to dwindling library funding; Conclusions of the 1993 Follett Report; Pilot Site License Initiative; National Electronic Site License Initiative; Exploitation of information technology to...
- SHIFTING GEARS: Information Technology and the Academic Library. De Gennaro, Richard // Library Journal;6/15/1984, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p1204
Discusses issues related to the information technology and the academic library. Role of libraries; Technological revolution in academic research libraries; Shift from collections to access; Goal and objectives for a research library in the 1990s.
- An opportunity for us. Brindley, Lynne // Information World Review;Mar2001, Issue 167, p10
Comments on the impact of information technology on society. Views on information literacy; Increase in demand for computer skills in the workforce; Importance of information literacy.
- Learner-centred information literacy initiatives in Higher Education. // Journal of Information Literacy;Jun2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one that interprets information literacy as a more holistic process of information problem solving, one on learner-centered information literacy practices using LibGuides to direct undergraduate students, and one on the...
- Recent Trends in Information Literacy and Instruction. Arp, Lori; Woodard, Beth S. // Reference & User Services Quarterly;Winter2002, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p124
Focuses on several issues related to information literacy and instruction, as of 2002. Emergence of standards and guidelines in the field of instruction; Discussion on the changing definitions of information literacy; Impact of the digital age on teaching and learning.