- Too soon, too sorry. Gleick, Elizabeth; Reed, Susan // People;10/24/94, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p52
Focuses on results of a poll by `People' magazine which found that sex education prevents ignorance, but does not prevent pregnancy. Statistics on sexual intercourse among teen 18 years old and younger; Attitudes toward teenage pregnancy; Feelings about the right to abortion; Other findings.
- Too Much Talk. // America;6/18/2012, Vol. 206 Issue 20, p4
The article argues against the increase in the unplanned teen pregnancies, highlighting poverty and lack sex education, as the prime reasons.
- More to teen pregnancy. McEachern, Morna // Christian Science Monitor;1/16/2012, pN.PAG
Readers Write: Avoid US caveman response on Iran; the truth on teen pregnancy: The Dec. 19 article "Teen birthrate hits record low" makes excellent connections between sexual health education and the lowering of teen pregnancy rates. However, it does not acknowledge several other important...
- Breaking the cycle of teen pregnancy. // New York Amsterdam News;06/22/2000, Vol. 91 Issue 25, p20
Interviews New York City teenagers about teen sex and pregnancy. Inclusion of the need for teenagers to know about the possible consequences of sex; Reasons why some teenagers want to get pregnant; Factors that influence teen pregnancy the most; Suggestions regarding sex education.
- Teen pregnancy rate declining in county. Baraba, Sarah // St. Charles Journal;2/20/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 8, pA4
The article discusses the downward trend of pregnancy in teens of Missouri due to use of contraceptives and it urges the need of proper sex education to keep the trend from reversing.
- Sex-ed flunks in Calgary. Woodard, Joe // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;08/03/98, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p28
Discusses the teen pregnancy and teen abortion rates in Alberta for 1998. Decline in teen birth rate as number of teen abortions rises; Concerns about the overall teen pregnancy rate; Questions about Calgary's sex education in public schools; Sexual activity among teens; Teens not hearing about...
- FAMILY NOTES. Wingert, Pat // Newsweek;6/11/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 24, p60
Offers information on health and family. Indication that families with access to patients during emergencies can comfort patients better than health-care providers; Description of Dave Wasson's 'Time Squad' educational cartoon that debuts on the Cartoon Network cable television network;...
- Let's Stop the New Teenage Mom Craze. // Glamour;Oct2009, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p246
The author discusses teen pregnancy and says that the number of teen pregnancies in the U.S. increased between 2005 and 2007. Some possible reasons for this increase are celebrity teenagers who became pregnant, television shows that glamorize teen pregnancy, and abstinence-only education...
- INTEGRATING PREGNANCY PREVENTION IN CHILD WELFARE: SUPPORTING YOUTH IN CARE TO PREVENT TEEN PREGNANCY. Leonard, Sara Major; Suellentrop, Katherine // Policy & Practice (19426828);Aug2013, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p24
The article focuses on the project Integration of Teen Pregnancy Prevention into State and Local Child Welfare Systems (TPP Integration) conducted by the non-profit organization National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy to prevent teen pregnancy in foster care in the U.S. It...
- Coming of Age: The Tragedy of TEENAGE PREGNANCY. Wattleton, Faye // USA Today Magazine;Jan89, Vol. 117 Issue 2524, p49
Examines the factors that contribute to the prevalence of teenage pregnancy in the U.S. Repression of teenage sexuality; Risks of encouraging pregnancy; Failure of parents and the society in discouraging pregnancy among teenagers; Statistics on teenage pregnancy; Development of programs for...