- Snyder targets improved health care for vets. Kanclerz, Jacob // Grand Rapids Business Journal;1/3/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p16
The article reports that Michigan lags behind other states in the number of veterans who apply for health care benefits, with 40 percent enrollment rate and 25 percent benefit usage rate, including Governor Rick Snyder making awareness of access to health care for veterans his goal.
- Promises to veterans too expansive to keep. Hicks, Mike // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/26/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p19
The article offers the author's insights on the insufficient budget and people to treat the health care needs of veterans in the U.S.
- SNAPS. // Crain's New York Business;9/14/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p0026
The article focuses on Bob Woodruff, former correspondent of the American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) and co-anchor of the television program "World News Tonight," who started his namesake foundation to provide access to veterans in the U.S. for medical services and programs.
- Home Sweet Veterans Home. Shaw, Mel; Shaw, Pearl // Tennessee Tribune;10/31/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p5A
The article offers the author's insights regarding the need of state veterans home to provide care for women veterans in terms of social, medical, and therapeutic services.
- NOW THAT THE WAR IS OVER... POINSETT, ALEX // Ebony;Jul1975, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p85
The article offers information on the benefits given to U.S. war veterans which include health, education, employment and housing assistance. It mentions that the government has prepared vocational rehabilitation programs which aims to help war veterans to start their life again in a normal and...
- NEW HEALTH CARE OPPORTUNITIES FOR VETERANS. // Louisiana Life;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the installation of the Patient-Centered Community Care (PCCC) program for veterans at the Overton Brooks VA Medical Center in Shreveport, and other medical centers in Louisiana.
- VA nursing home on track. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Sep2014, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p22
The article announces that the funding for the new Washington State Veterans Home to be built at the Jonathan M. Wainwright Memorial Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington has been put on priority, and mentions the funding needed and the benefits to jobs and veterans.
- The Greatest Casualty Is Being Forgotten. Feussner, John R. // Annals of Internal Medicine;1/20/2015, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p150
A personal narrative is presented in which the author who is a military veterans doctor shares his experience of providing disability evaluation and treatment services to a Vietnam veteran patient.
- Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA) Minnesota Veterans Homes Notice of Availability of Contract for Minnesota Veterans Homes for Rehabilitation Therapy Consulting. // Minnesota State Register;1/17/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p824
The article offers information regarding request for proposals for providing rehabilitation therapy consulting services to Minnesota Veterans Homes by the Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA). It informs about services to be provided by the contractors including Nursing Staff,...