Technology, people must integrate to meet 21st century demands
- The State of Energy: Revisited. Guntermann, Alfred E. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2009, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p16
The article provides updates concerning the energy industry in the U.S. It reveals that the country's trade deficit on oil exports which amounts to $252 billion poses a threat to its economy, which include decline in the value of dollar and increase in oil prices. It is believed that energy...
- Biofuels Industry Takes Off. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/5/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 23, p29
This article reveals that Spain is on course to become one of the biggest producers of biofuels by the end of this decade. Spanish firms have announced, major plans to build biofuels production capacity and invest substantial amounts in biofuels R& D. The moves are in line with ambitious targets...
- Government consulting on energy policy. // Electrical Technology;Sep/Oct2010, p4
The article announces the closure of submissions on the Draft New Zealand Energy Strategy (NZES) and Draft New Zealand Energy Efficiency and Conservation Strategy (NCEECS). The updated NZES will provide the strategic direction for the energy sector and the role of energy in the economy of New...
- Europe could run on renewable energy. // Ecologist;May2004, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p15
Reports the results of a study which claims that renewable energy sources could power every home in Europe. Advancement in offshore wind-energy technology; Number of jobs that can be generated by wind energy industry by 2020.
- Renewable Energy Support Mechanism in Turkey: Financial Analysis and Recommendations to Policymakers. Gözen, Mustafa // International Journal of Energy Economics & Policy (IJEEP);2014, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p274
The Turkish Grand National Parliament passed a renewable energy promotion law that provides feed-in tariffs for electricity generation from renewable energy sources in 2005. This law was not attractive to investors due to the low level of feed-in tariffs. Then, in 2011, the promotion law was...
- The Great 21st Century Energy Transition. Marien, Michael // Future Survey;Feb2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p1
Deals with the necessity for an energy transition in the 21st century, that is based on renewable sources and conservation.
- $300 BLN INVESTMENT IN ENERGY. Altunsoy, İsmaı // Turkish Review;May/Jun2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p129
The article presents statistics on the energy sectors in Turkey including natural gas sales and consumption, electricity distribution and renewable energy sources.
- Political Fights Can Deliver Positive Results. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/1/2009, Vol. 262 Issue 17, p56
The author addresses the need for more renewable energy sources, improved energy performance in buildings and establishment of energy dependence. The author traces the history of the debate over energy resources. The author also emphasizes the importance of research and education in the energy...
- New law gives renewables big boost. Raymont, Mark // Modern Power Systems;Oct2005, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p30
Reports on the impact of the Renewables Law on the renewable energy sector in China. Total energy consumption of the country; Optimization of the nation's energy structure and developing renewable energy to avoid environmental and ecological damage; Cost of purchasing power from renewable energy...