Before a Merger, Consider Company Cultures Along with Financials
- Culture audits key to mergers. // People Management;11/20/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p8
Focuses on the study "HR's Contribution to International Mergers and Acquisitions," released by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Importance of accounting for differences in human resources management policies and industrial relations between companies; Information on...
- Looking Beyond the Obvious in MERGER INTEGRATION. Walt, Stephen J. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p41
Discusses organizational due diligence, a concept or systematic approach in evaluating organizational culture and people issues for a successful mergers and acquisitions integration. Correlation between human resources issues and achieving value and growth after a merger; Role of human...
- Due diligence. Atkinson, Philip; Clarke, Dara // Management Services;Spring2007, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p9
The article discusses how strategies of soft due diligence can leverage the rewards of mergers and acquisitions and business expansion. Due diligence will have to ensure that potential new acquisitions conformed to capabilities which went well beyond financial analysis and even focus on...
- SIGNIFICANCE OF THE HUMAN FACTOR IN MERGERS. Sharma, Nidhi // Golden Research Thoughts;Dec2013, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p1
In our fast paced technology driven industrial environment organizations compete fiercely for market share. While some organizations are able to achieve growth through internally driven innovation, others resort to acquisitions and mergers. Organizations are particular about due diligence that...
- EARLY WARNINGS ON Culture Clash. Koob, John // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2006, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p34
The article discusses the application of the clean team concept in mergers and acquisitions. The clean team assembles, reviews and analyzes confidential data for the CEO, who will make the final decision on the deal. Merging companies deploy clean teams in areas of due diligence and integration...
- If something's missing, it'd better not be HR! MCLEAN, GARY N. // Human Factor;Mar2014, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p40
The article discusses the involvement of human resources (HR) executives during the due diligence stage of acquisition as a key component in successful deals. It notes that mergers and acquisitions (M&A) often fail due to incompatibility of cultures between 2 organisations citing as an example...
- New Drill on Due Diligence. YU, JANE // Orange County Business Journal;3/11/2013, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p24
The article reports on the increasing strictness over the due diligence for merger and acquisition (M&A) activities in Orange County, California, despite of the heightened caution with regards to such deals.
- Due diligence can smooth M&A process. Barstow, Erik // New Hampshire Business Review;8/27/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p28
The article reports on the implication of due-diligence planning for mergers and acquisitions (M&A) process in New Hampshire.
- Mergers & Acquisitions. Simpson, Wayne A. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/10/2010, Vol. 39 Issue 48, p12
In the article, the author discusses the due diligence process during a business merger or acquisition transaction, as well as the documents that should be evaluated during the deal, including Internal Revenue Service (IRS) records, organizational structure and personnel policies.