Public Opposes New Reactors
- Will we have enough energy? // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p85
Discusses the question of whether the world's energy sources will run out, and also looks at alternative sources of energy. A graph of the energy sources in the United States, as of 1995; Renewable resources, such as solar power, ocean water, geothermal energy, the wind, and biomass energy; Ways...
- Kyoto pact gives boost to alternative energy. Baldauf, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;12/12/97, Vol. 90 Issue 13, p3
States that the global warming conference in Kyoto, Japan in December of 1997 has fostered a greater interest in energy conservation and alternative energy sources. Questions about how fast and how far countries will go in reducing their dependence on fossil fuels; The market for alternative...
- CHP squeezed or promoted by energy conservation and renewables // In Business;Jul/Aug1993, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p839
No abstract available.
- Introduction. Lee, Nissa // World & I;Oct2008, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the "New Energy Frontiers Expand Global Connection," by Adriana Valencia and Georg Caspary, "India and Alternative Energy," by Alexis Ringwald and "Time to Strengthen the International Atomic Energy Agency," by Ernesto...
- A sustainable energy. Sullivan, C.C. // Energy User News;Jun99, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the strategy drafted by business and environmental groups concerning sustainable energy. Presentation of draft to the United States Congress on Earth Day; Proposed deviation of at least 25 percent of the nation's energy consumption to renewable energy sources.
- Cornell study: renewable energy isn't the answer. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);1/17/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p9
Reports on the findings of the study 'Renewable Energy: Current and Potential Issues,' conducted by Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. Analysis of the potential of alternate-energy systems for supplying the nation's power needs; Energy resources that were deemed renewable; Emphasis on...
- Council hacks Â£16m from green plan. // Utility Week;12/6/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p14
Focuses on the decision of the European Union Council of Ministers to cut Â£16 million from a planned program that seeks to extend European Union programs promoting energy conservation and renewables. Content of a council memorandum on the issue; Elements of the new plan.
- APPENDIX - ADDITIONAL TERMS. // Renewable Energy Made Easy: Free Energy from Solar, Wind, Hydrop;2008, p269
A variety of additional terms that relate to articles appeared in the "Renewable Energy Made Easy: Free Energy from Solar, Wind, Hydropower & Other Alternative Energy Sources" are presented.
- BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Renewable Energy Made Easy: Free Energy from Solar, Wind, Hydrop;2008, p279
A bibliography on the subject of renewable energy sources is presented which includes the reports "Biodiesel Basics," by the Union of Concerned Scientists, the "Biogas Train," Svensk Biogas AB, and the "Biomass Program," by the U.S. Department of Energy.