Portugal : CENTRAL BANK unveils plan to bail-out BES
- Portugal central bank in Â£3.9bn plans to save Banco Espirito Santo. Morris, Pamela // Fundweb;8/ 4/2014, p10
The article discusses initiatives taken by the central bank of Portugal to save Banco Espirito Santo bank by using the nation's remaining European Union (EU) bailout funds as it is reeling under a series of financial troubles. It is noted that Banco Espirito Santo will be divided into two banks...
- Banco EspÃrito Santo Angola replaced by Banco EconÃ³mico. // African Business News;10/30/2014, p1
No abstract available.
- Portuguese Bank Sell Stake in Clarity. Bloomberg News // American Banker;8/31/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 168, p7
Reports that Banco Espirito Santo SA, Portugal's third largest bank, said that it had sold its 48 percent stake in Clarity Payment Solutions and recorded a gain of $27 million.
- Belgium : Commission approves resolution aid for Portuguese Banco Espand#237;rito Santo. // TendersInfo News;8/5/2014, p1
The article reports on the decision of the European Commission to approve the resolution plan of the Portuguese Banco Esp#237;rito Santo S.A. (BES) in 2016. The resolution plan includes the creation of a bridge bank that will be provided with the necessary means to maximize the value of its...
- Banco Espirito of Portugal offers preferred. // American Banker;11/17/93, Vol. 158 Issue 220, p2
Reports on the marketing of a $100 million issue of preferred stock by Banco Espirito Santo e Comercial de Lisboa of Portugal. Issue of noncumulative preferred stock; Merrill Lynch & Co. as lead underwriter of the issue.
- BDO Wins in Fla. Court of Appeals. // Public Accounting Report;6/30/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the verdict of the jury in the Third District Court of Appeal in Florida to overturned the 521.7 million dollars jury award on the case of BDO LLP against Banco Espirito Santo e Comercial de Lisboa.
- Espirito Santo to launch Euro 100-250M PE fund with Dabur's Burmans. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;12/1/2013, p2
The article reports on the plan of the Portuguese-based investment bank Espirito Santo to launch a 100-250 million euros private equity (PE) fund in India in partnership with the Burman family of Dabur India Ltd., which will focus on sectors like technology, pharmaceutical, and consumers.
- THE DEMISE OF A CORPORATE DYNASTY. // Finweek;9/4/2014, p8
The article presents a timeline that offers information on the collapse of Portuguese banking dynasty Banco Espirito Santo SA in August 2014 after the local government failed to save the financial institution from bankruptcy.
- Banco Espirito Santo SWOT Analysis. // Banco Espirito Santo SWOT Analysis;Mar2006, p1
Provides information on Banco Espirito Santo, one of the largest banks in Lisbon, Portugal that has an extensive international network covering 17 countries. Strengths and weaknesses of the company; Opportunities presented to the company; Threats faced by the company.