- Relationship between juvenile obesity, dietary energy and fat intake and physical activity. Gillis, L.J.; Kennedy, L.C.; Gillis, A.M.; Bar-Or, O. // International Journal of Obesity & Related Metabolic Disorders;Apr2002, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p458
Determines the relationship of juvenile obesity to dietary fat, fat intake and physical activity in obese and non-obese children and adolescents. Dietary intake of calories; Anthropometric characteristics of subjects; Activity patterns between obese and non-obese subjects; Study limitations.
- Need for Parental Control and Mediation in Food Advertising to Children: A Review of Previous Research. Kaur, Pavleen; Singh, Raghbir // Information Management & Business Review;Sep2011, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p171
Food advertising to children is recognised worldwide as contributing to obesity in children. Much of the research in this area has been carried out in US, UK and other developed countries that are fighting the obesity epidemic. The phenomenon is, however, not restricted to the developed world...
- Weight-Control Behavior Among Obese Children: Association With Family-Related Factors. Fei-Ling Wu; Shu Yu; Ien-Lan Wei; Yin, Terese J.C. // Journal of Nursing Research (Taiwan Nurses Association);Mar2003, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p19
Investigates the weight-control behavior of obese children. Discussion on parents' supervision of obese children; Factors that influenced weight-control behavior; Relationship between the individual and basic family characteristics of obese elementary school children and their execution of...
- Information Saturation. Chapman-Novakofski, Karen // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;May/Jun2010, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p143
The article presents the author's insights regarding information saturation relative to the findings of various studies and critical reviews conducted on childhood obesity.
- Juvenile Obesity, Physical Activity, and Lifestyle Changes. Bar-Or, Oded // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Nov2000, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p51
Examines juvenile obesity in the United States. Increase in the prevalence of juvenile obesity; Prevention and management; Etiologic factors; Effectiveness of enhanced physical activity.
- Treating obesity in children. // Paediatric Nursing;Nov2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p12
Reviews the article "Interventions for Treating Obesity in Children," by C. Summerbell, published in the "Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews."
- Does watching television make kids fat? Gaby, Alan R. // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Jan2006, Issue 270, p40
The article discusses the study conducted to prove the claim that watching television causes kids to be fat. Results of the study indicates that, as sedentary behaviors decreased, it is accompanied by a decrease in energy intake and an increase in energy expenditure in non-overweight...
- THE BIG ISSUE. Valios, Natalie // Community Care;3/25/2004, Issue 1515, p34
Reports on the efforts to defuse the problem of obesity among children in Great Britain. Reasons behind the occurrence of obesity among children; Description of the psychological effects of obesity on children; Role of the National Obesity Forum in addressing weight management for children;...
- OBESE KIDS. // Gerson Healing Newsletter;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p3
The article focuses on obesity, a major health problem among kids. Every thing from parents, governments, MTV, video game manufacturers and fast-food outlets has been blamed for this epidemic. Researchers from Yale University have established a definite link between obesity in children and the...