Francis to lay wreath at border
- Pope Honors Jews in His First Speech. // Israel Faxx;3/18/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 59W, p6
No abstract available.
- Pope Francis takes fresh approach to papacy. Ivereigh, Austen // Our Sunday Visitor;3/31/2013, Vol. 101 Issue 48, p4
The article reports on the change in style and fresh approach of Pope Francis to papacy by opting freshness, directness, and spontaneity and abandoning countless customs and expectations associated with the monarchic papacy.
- Silence and Service: Pope Francis Captivates Catholics Worldwide. CLARKE, KEVIN // America;4/1/2013, Vol. 208 Issue 11, p6
The article reports on the appointment of Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio as pope, who has become the first pope in 600 years to be elected in time to receive his predecessor's blessing.
- WHAT'S IN A NAME? HUNT, WILLIAM // Commonweal;6/1/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 10, p2
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Why "Francis"?," by Paul Moses in the April 12, 2013 issue.
- Understanding what Pope Francis said about atheists, redemption. VOGT, BRANDON // Our Sunday Visitor;6/9/2013, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p8
An essay is presented on Pope Francis's remarks about atheists and heaven.
- All shook up. ERLANDSON, GREG // Our Sunday Visitor;6/9/2013, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p18
The author reflects on the messages delivered by Pope Francis to the public, such as those on life and marriage, his vocation, and his family.
- Pope Francis trivia. Sockey, Daria // Catholic Digest;Jun-Aug2013, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p76
A quiz concerning the life time information of the pope of the Vatican City, Pope Francis is presented.
- Did you hear? Martin, Michelle // Our Sunday Visitor;9/8/2013, Vol. 102 Issue 19, p9
The article focuses on a homily delivered by Pope Francis on May 18, 2013, in which he explained how gossip ruins relationships and the soul. INSET: PUTTING A LID ON IT..
- Blessing for Hungary from Pope Francis. // Hungary A.M.;8/22/2013, p5
The article reports that citizens and leaders in Hungary received divine blessings from Pope Francis on the national holiday commemorating St. IstvÃ¡n who was credited for converting Hungarians to Christianity.