- Cleaning Intricate Molds. Jackson, David // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Dec2012, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p37
The article focuses on non-destructive cleaning processes for complex molds in the mold manufacturing industry. A complex mold is defined as having multifaceted or miniaturized surface features or geometries. They require robust but non-destructive cleaning processes to remove surface...
- Mold maker Rocand expands to Mexico. Lauzon, Michael // Plastics News;11/16/2015, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p0001
The article reports on a manufacturing operation, to be called Rocand Molde y PlÃ¡stico S de RL de CV, to be opened by Canadian mold maker Rocand Inc. in Silao, Mexico. It discusses the company's investment on equipment for the facility, the molds being manufactured by the company, and the...
- Shaving with Occam's Razor. Bourne, James // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Jun2013, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p54
The article talks about repairing an Occam razor with a broken core in the screw. It describes the difficulties involved in repairing the razor which is primarily caused by the parts with a considerable sink on the surface. It states that initial repair process was performed when the technician...
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of Overseas Tooling. Molodetz, Andy; Cavagnaro, John // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Jan2015, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p36
The article offers advice on the management of offshore tooling of interest to U.S. manufacturers. It mentions some challenges associated with offshore tooling including the likelihood of lower quality of molds made outside the country and governmental restrictions, factors suggesting the...
- Molds for Metal Clay. Hamilton, Catherine Randolph // Fired Arts & Crafts;Oct2014, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p22
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating a flexible, reusable mold from 2-part silicone putty.
- A CONTRIBUTION TO UNDERSTANDING METALLURGIC ACTIVITIES OF THE LIBURNIANS. ČELHAR, MARTINA; VUJEVIĆ, DARIO // Archaeologia Adriatica;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p113
Despite abundance of autochthonous metal forms we know very little about the process of production of metal objects in the Liburnians. Metallurgic centres, workshops and tools are unknown for the most part. Only scarce examples of moulds stand as indicators of production. Their existence opens...
- Oh My Gosh, I'm Seeing SPOTS! Johnson, Dusty // Leather Crafters & Saddlers Journal;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p56
The article talks about various issues associated with leatherwork which includes dirt spots and mold.
- questions & answers. // Fired Arts & Crafts;Feb2013, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to fired arts and crafts including how to fix a broken mold and what to do to prevent molds from leaking.
- Are You a 10? Fuges, Christina M. // Moldmaking Technology Magazine;Apr2014, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
The author discusses a call for submission of the "Top 10 Reasons to Be A Moldmaker" for the 2014 t-shirt campaign.