- Adventures in Sex Education. Barnes, Peter // Teaching Pre K-8;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p33
Relays the experience of teaching the Family Life unit of Sex Education to fifth grade students. Hazards of attempting to answer every question about sex education; Reasons behind the positive experience of teaching the subject.
- Guidelines attacked. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Jun1996, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p9
Reports on parents' protest against a set of sex-education guidelines called `Family Life Education Curriculum Guidelines,' in use in Catholic schools in South Australia. Activities in the kit; Catholic Education Office's claim that program was in line with the Vatican's statement `The Truth...
- Sexual propaganda. Peterson, Andrée Seu // World (0888157X);5/3/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p71
A first person narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of sexual education being given in Room 206 of the campus Physical Education Center.
- Untitled. // Education Digest;May1955, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p51
The article presents a quotation from Ralph G. Eckert in the November 1951 issue of "The Education Digest," which points out that family life education is a challenge to educators' integrity and courage in helping youth face their problems.
- Detroit parents learn to give sex education. Maino, Mary Dufty // America;2/27/1954, Vol. 90 Issue 22, p560
The article reports on the growing interest of parents in Detroit, Michigan in providing their children the right information and guidance about sex. The Catholic Church urges families to increase their knowledge about sex especially among their children show should understand the true essence...
- Chapter 8: Experiences from the Teaching of AIDS Prevention to Preteens in Trinidad. Brathwaite, Brader Adaleine // Caribbean AIDS Epidemic;2000, p110
Chapter 8 of the book "Caribbean AIDS Epidemic" is presented. It discusses the introduction of the Family Life Education Curriculum guidelines by the Caribbean Community and Common Market to teach sex education and AIDS prevention among youth in Trinidad and Tobago in 1993 to 1996. Some of the...
- Owning Our Bodies. Mejia, Angela María Barraza // Conscience: The News Journal of Catholic Opinion;Autumn2006, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p30
This article presents views of Angela Maria Barraza MejÃa, daughter of MarÃa Consuelo MejÃa, the director of CatÃ³licas por el Derecho a Decidir in Mexico, on sex education. Her mother's position in the reproductive movement has been a big part of her life. Her sexual education...
- SOCIAL CORRELATES OF ATTITUDES TOWARD SEX EDUCATION. Snyder, Eldon; Spreitzer, Elmer // Education;Spring76, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p222
Focuses on social bases of support for sex education among the general population in the United States. Background variables cross-tabulated with attitudes toward sex education; Predictor variables not having a significant association with attitudes toward sex education; Profile of people who...
- Let's talk about sex. Pisani, Elizabeth // Prospect;Dec2009, Issue 165, p27
In this article the author discusses aspects of the sex education system in Uganda that must be learned by Great Britain. She remarks on the continuing debate concerning the role of parents and the state concerning the sex education of children in Great Britain in which both are useless at...