Putting a price on risk: Carbon pricing in the corporate world
- Thou shalt be known by thy works: Environmentalism redux. Abernethy, Virginia // Population & Environment;Jul95, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p483
Editorial. Emphasizes that business sector and environmental values are not mutually exclusive and recommends private commitment to achieve environmental goals. Evidence of support of environmental values by business sector; Reasons for neglect of conservation goals.
- Being cruel to be kind. Kaufman-Rosen, Leslie; Underwood, Anne // Newsweek;10/17/1994, Vol. 124 Issue 16, p51
Surveys how some `socially responsible' businesses have found they couldn't stay pure and still make a profit. Examples of the Calvert Group, Ben & Jerry's and the Body Shop; Arnold Hiatt, former Stride Rite chief and cochair of Businesses for Social Responsibility; Details of the companies'...
- Ecology, the Next Apartheid. Raphael, Todd // Workforce (10928332);Jul2001, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p72
Reports on the efforts of companies in the United States to include environmental concerns in their programs. Move of Ecopledge.com company to pressure companies to adopt positive environmental actions; Decision of Kinko's company to use products which are certified by the Environmental...
- Corrections. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/10/2009, Vol. 263 Issue 5, p5
Corrections to articles published in the August 3, 2009 issue are presented including the Top 200 Environmental Firms and the ranking of Earth Consulting Group Inc. on the list.
- The Valdez Principles. // Directors & Boards;Summer92, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p56
The article presents a discussion of the Valdez Principles, adapted from the Coalition for Environmentally Responsible Economies (CERES) Board of Directors guidelines.
- Is there a need for a green fund? Barakat, Basma // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Dec2012, p60
An essay is presented on efficacy of green funds in reducing emission of greenhouse gases and boosting ecosystem services in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). It highlights the areas where green funds can be invested to reduce carbon footprints of different sectors in the industry....
- ANNEX 2: COMPANIES INTERVIEWED FOR THE ANALYSIS. // OECD Environment Working Papers;11/30/2011, Issue 39, p54
Information on companies assessed for their adaptation to climate change including Bayer, AngloGold Ashanti and Entergy is presented.
- ANNEX 3: ADDITIONAL ADAPTATION EXAMPLES. // OECD Environment Working Papers;11/30/2011, Issue 39, p55
Information on companies engaged in adaptation efforts to climate change including Monsanto, Severn Trent Water and Google is presented.
- Progressing toward a SUSTAINABLE SOCIETY. Espahbodi, Reza // TK...Topeka's Business Magazine;Winter2012, p54
The article discusses the responsibility of businesses to report and measure the social and environmental impact of their operations on the community in Topeka, Kansas. It provides a detailed understanding on how sustainability report communicates the company's actions and commitment to...