Beijing schools introduce sex education
- The cross is in the crosshairs. Flowers, Christine M. // Investigate;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 10 Issue 140, p48
The article offers the author's insights on religious persecution. The author discusses the challenges experienced by the Western world involving faith from health care birth-control mandate to the abolishment of prayer in public schools. She mentions the brutal attacks against Christians from...
- US family-planning cuts hurt world's poor women. Buvinic, Mayra // Christian Science Monitor;9/25/96, Vol. 88 Issue 211, p19
Opinion. Comments on a decision being considered by the United States (US) Congress, to reduce the amount of foreign aid devoted to family planning services overseas. Information on the 1997 foreign aid bill; Impact of reductions by the Congress for the fiscal year of 1996; Proposed spending...
- Senate keeps international family planning funds. // Human Events;03/29/97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p23
Reports that the US Senate on March 14, 1996 rejected an amendment to strike from the 1996 omnibus appropriations bill provisions that would fund international family planning programs. Concerns that the funding would result to more abortions worldwide; Results of voting; Legislative history of...
- Senate OKs early release of family planning funds. // Human Events;3/14/97, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p23
Reports on the passage of a joint resolution authorizing the early release of $385 million for international family planning activities beginning March 1, 1997 by the US Senate on February 25, 1997. Names of pro-choice members in support of the bill; Voting rollcall.
- 'Pill bill' described as demographic suicide. // Asian Pacific Post;10/16/2008, p32
The article focuses on issues on the proposed legislation Pill Bill seeking to impose population control in the Philippines.
- Va. lawmaker seeks mandated birth control cover. West, Diane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/17/96, Vol. 100 Issue 41, p51
Reports on the effects of health insurers covering reversible family planning methods on insurance companies in Virginia. Comments from Delegate Julia Connally; Information on the Virginia legislation.
- On the front burner. Shin, Annys // National Journal;4/26/97, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p831
Focuses on the amendment of a bill on the authorization of foreign aid for family planning programs by the House International Relations Committee of the United States. Advocacy for abortion; Objections from Representative Christopher H. Smith; Aid for international family-planning programs.
- Sex School. // Dolly;Feb2013, Issue 506, p78
The article presents the results of an online poll which asked readers on whether it is too young for students in religious schools to be taught about sex education from the age of 11.
- Students want sexual diversity in classrooms. Stayshyn, Justin // Xtra (Toronto);3/10/2011, Issue 688, p12
The article reports that a survey of high school students in Ontario via Facebook and email by the Ontario Student Trustees' Association (OSTA) has revealed that nearly 82 percent of them believe that all sexualities should be taught in school.