- Bullying & violence. Colman, Robyn; Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p3
Provides an overview of an article on proposed disciplinary procedures on bullying through text messages and electronic mail for government schools in New South Wales featured in the March 5, 2004 issue of "Canberra Times."
- 10 Ways to Move Beyond Bully Prevention (And Why We Should). Brown, Lyn Mikel // Education Week;3/5/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p29
The author reflects on the attention given to bully prevention programs. She provides alternative suggestions for addressing behavioral issues in school settings including ending the practice of labeling children, talking accurately about types of behavior, and understanding why children use...
- Bullying is not a 'normal' part of childhood. Epperly, Jeff // Bay Windows;4/26/2001, pN.PAG
Discusses bullying toward openly gay or perceived-to-be-gay students in schools. Attitude of school administrators and teachers toward student-on-student harassment; Details of anti-gay harassment in schools which include verbal abuse; Consequences of schoolyard bullying for bullies and the...
- "We are the Solution". Morais, Carmen; Porter, Alex // Scholastic Choices;Apr/May2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p8
The article presents information on bullying at school.
- Are we too mean? Lundy, Emily // Malakoff News (TX);10/18/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 42, p2
The article offers the author's insights on mean people and bullying in schools.
- Anti-gay bullying still a major problem in schools, says new Stonewall report. // Pink Paper;7/6/2012, p18
The article reveals highlights of Stonewall's The School Report indicating the presence of anti-gay bullying occurring at schools where two-thirds of gay students suffered taunts and abuse such as homophobic language, and physical abuse.
- Ask a Girl. // New Moon;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p10
No abstract available.
- Reality of homophobic bullying must be acknowledged. // Education (14637073);12/9/2005, Issue 203, p5
This article deals with the plan of the British government to eliminate homophobic bullying in British schools in December 2004. The reason behind the death of student Laura Rhodes is stated. Remarks from University of Sunderland researcher Elizabeth Atkinson on the views of students on gay...
- A walk to the store. Zubro, Mark // Windy City Times;4/4/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p18
The author reflects on his experience of teenage homophobia and bullying while working as an openly gay teacher and writer.