A Cooler Way to Cook
- One-component cesium magnetometer for measuring the residual magnetic induction in ferromagnetic shields. Dovator, N. A. // Technical Physics Letters;May99, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p357
A simple design for a miniature cesium magnetometer intended for measuring the residual magnetic induction (B[sub 0]<=1000 nT) in ferromagnetic shields of cylindrical shape with an internal diameter ï¿½ = 15 mm is described.
- Self-similar solutions for trapping and diffusion of magnetic flux during formation of field-reversed configuration. Bud�ko, A. B.; Karlson, E. T.; Liberman, M. A. // Physics of Fluids B: Plasma Physics;Feb93, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p457
Self-similar solutions are given that represent an analytical theory of implosion and extension stages of a T pinch before the magnetic field lines reconnection in course of formation of field-reversed configuration. Effects of Ohmic dissipation, thermal conductivity, and plasma turbulence are...
- APPENDIX 5: The Electromagnetic Spectrum. // Peterson Field Guide to Atmosphere;1981, p327
Presents an appendix of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Superconducting flux pump for high-temperature superconductor insert coils of NMR magnets. Jeong, S.; Lee, H.; Iwasa, Y. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2002, Vol. 614 Issue 1, p305
This paper describes a prototype flux pump recently operated at the MIT Francis Bitter Magnet Laboratory. The results of the prototype flux pump will be used in the development of a full-scale flux pump that will be coupled to a high-temperature superconductor (HTS) insert coil of a high-field...
- Penetration depth lambda(T) of YBa[sub 2]Cu[sub 3]O[sub 7-delta] films determined from the.... JuYoung Lee; Lemberger, Thomas R. // Applied Physics Letters;5/10/1993, Vol. 62 Issue 19, p2419
Examines the temperature dependence of the magnetic penetration depth of YBa[sub 2]Cu[sub 3]O[sub 7-delta] films. Calculation of the penetration depth from kinetic and magnetic inductance measurements of a long meander line; Numerical modeling of nonuniform current density within the film;...
- APPLYING ACTIVE SIGNA BY INDUCTIVE MEANS. // Underground Focus: The Magazine of Below-Ground Damage Preventio;2013, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p16
The article offers suggestion for placing maximum current on the target line by applying active signals through the use of inductive method.
- Hysteresis Blocks Magic. // Design News;5/12/2008, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p21
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the impact of hysteresis on the possibility of upgrading the precision of analog circuits to achieve higher accuracy.
- Magneto-optical observation of flux pinning at the grain boundary in a.... Nakamura, N.; Gu, G.D. // Applied Physics Letters;12/21/1992, Vol. 61 Issue 25, p3044
Observes the magnetic flux density distribution in bismuth[sub 2] strontium[sub 2]calcium copper[sub 2]oxygen[sub x] superconductor. Use of a magneto-optical technique; Mechanism of grain boundary flux pinning in semiconductors; Contribution of low angle boundary to critical current density;...
- Stability of the superconducting state of a multiconductor current-carrying element during the induction of current in it. Romanovskiı, V. R. // Technical Physics;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p302
A model which permits estimation of the temporal variation of the temperature and the current in the components of a superconducting cable is proposed. The permissible currents which can be induced in a six-strand current-carrying element without destroying its superconducting properties are...