THE CURRENT AND FUTURE STATE OF GUN POLICY IN THE UNITED STATES
- Asian American Immigrants: A Comparison of the Chinese, Japanese, and Filipinos. Matsouka, John K.; Ryujin, Donald H. // Journal of Sociology & Social Welfare;Sep1991, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p123
An historical overview of the immigration of the three most populous Asian American groups in the United States is presented. The immigrant experiences of the Chinese, Filipinos, and Japanese are compared, and the implications of their experiences for current and future immigration/resettlement...
- Europe falling behind. Aldhous, P. // Nature;2/8/1990, Vol. 343 Issue 6258, p501
Reveals that a group of prominent European industrialists have informed the European Community that policy on biotechnology is falling behind that of the United States and Japan. Europe's future position in the industry is in jeopardy. Current situation; Recommendations.
- Strategic planning and population settlement. Loveridge, Scott; Schmid, A. Allan // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec93, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p1160
Addresses rural development issues in the United States using strategic planning. Study of current and future environment; Development of policies to cope with challenges and use resources; Assessment of strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities to rural development.
- Monetary policy. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul96, p2
Presents an analysis of economic trends and monetary policy in the United States. Slower growth of currency in 1996; Question regarding the connection between inflation and unemployment; Concepts that influence the future direction of inflation under current policy or a particular monetary...
- STATE ENERGY POLICY (Book Review). Calzonetti, Frank J. // Annals of Regional Science;Nov86, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p144
Reviews the book 'State Energy Policy: Current Issues, Future Directions,' edited by Stephen W. Sawyer and John R. Armstrong.
- Introduction: The aging of the baby boom. Morgan, David L. // Generations;Spring98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p5
Focuses on the effect of the baby boomers' aging on the United States. Involvement of gerontologists in related discussions; Concentration of topics on issues related to demography and social policy; Impact of baby boomers in key policy areas including pensions and healthcare; Importance of...
- CAPTIVE INSURANCE COMPANIES AND SEXUAL ABUSE POLICIES. Carroll, John S. // UMKC Law Review;Fall2015, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p211
This Comment explores captive insurance companies and the potential for abuse within the policies they draft. Various states throughout the United States are promoting the formation of captives within its borders, but few states recognize the need to protect subsidiaries insured by captives from...
- MANPADS Focus Day Held on Capitol Hill. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Aug2004, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p19
Focuses on a meeting by the Association of Old Crows (AOC) in Washington, D.C. to address efforts in the United States to protect against man-portable air-defense systems (MANPADS). Discussion of the current state of policy development in the legislative body; Preview given to participants of...
- Juvenile Gun Ownership in the USA: Current Knowledge and Future Directions. Johnson, Lee Michael; Matthews, Todd L.; Jenks, David; Bass, Christy W. // International Journal of Criminal Justice Sciences;Jun-Dec2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p133
In this paper, published research and some existing data are analyzed to assess the current state of empirical knowledge on juvenile gun ownership and identify areas in need of future research. Limited research has been conducted on juvenile gun ownership, identifying only a few consistent...
- 125 years and beyond. Landicho, Sarah // American Nurseryman;06/01/2000, Vol. 191 Issue 11, p44
Features the American Nursery and Landscape Association as it turns 125. Accomplishments; Current challenges of the United States industry; Future direction.