Israeli Elections Won't End Oppression in Palestine/Israel
- THE ISRAELI ELECTIONS. Balawejder, John // Tikkun;Fall2015, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p3
A letter to the editor is presented about the Israeli elections and speculations about a U.S. parliamentary government.
- For Whom to Vote? Anvery, Uri // International Policy Digest;Mar2015, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p19
The author offers insights on the selection of politicians to vote for in the 2015 Israeli elections. Topics discussed include a comparison between the Soviet and Israeli voting process, the need to choose the right political candidate that will be effective in leading the country, and the...
- Until the next war. Bowen, Jeremy // New Statesman;3/13/2015, Vol. 144 Issue 5253, p24
The article discusses political conditions in Israel, focusing on the impact of ongoing ethnic conflict between Israelis and Palestinians. Topics include Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, upcoming general elections and political corruption; Israeli public support for peace with...
- ALL ABOUT BIBI. Gerr, Melissa; Runyan, Joshua // Baltimore Jewish Times;3/20/2015, Vol. 344 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses the recent parliamentary elections in Israel on March 17, 2015, in which Israeli Prime MInister Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud Party has emerged as a winner by winning 30 seats. Details are provided about Israeli politics and public opinion of Israeli leaders is discussed. The...
- My quiet prayers for Bibi. Dromi, Uri // New Statesman;3/27/2015, Vol. 144 Issue 5255, p18
The article discusses the victory of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu in the 2015 parliamentary elections in Israel, focusing on the state of the Israel-Palestine conflict. Topics include the centrality of socio-economic concerns, such as housing costs, in the election; the stability of...
- Netanyahu Suddenly Faces Uphill Electoral Battle. Makovsky, David // Washington Institute for Near East Policy: PolicyWatch;Mar2015, p1
The article discusses the upcoming Israeli parliamentary elections in March 2013 and suggest that incumbent Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is unlikely to be re-elected. Topics include Israel's multi-party political system, Netanyahu's foreign policy, and criticism of his government over...
- Will ICC see through Israel's sham justice? Silver, Charlotte // Electronic Intifada;10/25/2016, p3
The author reflects on the efforts of the Israeli government to ward off attempts by the International Criminal Court (ICC) to investigate allegations of war crimes it committed in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip since June 13, 2014 in order to serve justice to Palestinians.
- Hague prosecutor updates Palestine war crimes probe. Silver, Charlotte // Electronic Intifada;11/23/2016, p1
The article reports on investigation of allegations against Israel government related to war crimes in Palestine by the International Criminal Court (ICC) and ICC' prosecutor reports that violent attacks between Israel and Palestinians increased from October 2015 with increased unlawful killings.
- Israel's National-Religious Jews and the Quest for Peace. Zalzberg, Ofer // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2015, Vol. 20/21 Issue 4/1, p60
The article focuses on the national-religious parties in Israel such as the Religious Zionists. Topics discussed include the election in the country, the national identity of the country, and the social aspects of religious community. Also mentioned are the politics and government in the...