- Seat Pleasant Honors Veterans. Gay, Gale Horton // Washington Informer;11/15/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p13
The article presents information regarding the honor of veterans in Seat Pleasant, Maryland, on November 12, 2012.
- Know the News. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;11/9/2007, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p4
A quiz about articles published within the issue is presented, including one on veterans and another on Military Family Month.
- Veterans: Come out and join us. Greco, Lori // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/24/2013, Vol. 140 Issue 30, p7A
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the partnership of the Memorial Day challenge and the Reveille Peak Ranch for the 20 mile ruck march in Burnet County, Texas.
- IN COUNTRY. Scranton, Roy // Sierra;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p44
A pair of personal narratives is presented which explores the author's experience of being a young veteran soldier in Iraq.
- Peace can be found in unlikely places. Decaul, Maurice // Sierra;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p47
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being a young veteran soldier in Iraq.
- Soldier Risk Assessment Checklist. // Soldiers;May2005, Vol. 60 Issue 5, special section p11
Presents a risk assessment checklist for soldiers in the United States Army.
- Home from the Wars. Brumwell, Stephen // History Today;Mar2002, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p41
Discusses attitudes towards veterans in mid-Georgian Britain and the provisions made for them. Popular impressions of the British soldier during the Georgian era; Only soldiers to even merit consideration for pensions; Option of veterans denied a pension and incapable of supporting themselves.
- How to get 'Spin' code stigma off discharges. // Advocate;6/19/74, Issue 140, p16
Reports that U.S. Representative Edward I. Koch is promoting the distribution of information on how ex-military personnel can have Separation Program Number (SPIN) codes removed from their records in 1974. Addresses of the appropriate former service branches where veterans who wish to have...
- In tribute to those who serve. Roberts, Pat // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Dec2010, Vol. 148 Issue 12, p13
The author reflects on the Veterans Day tribute and honor accorded to the American soldiers and fallen heroes who served and defended the country.
- Calling all recent combat vets. Manning, Elizabeth H. // Officer;Jun/Jul2008, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p64
The article provides information on U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Combat Veteran Call Center.