Wretchedness Is a Warm Gun
- Can Cities Sue Gun Makers? Anders, Kelly // State Legislatures;May99, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p29
Focuses on the litigation of gun manufacturers by cities in the United States. Claims on safety hazard and violence; Remarks from gun manufacturers; Status of legislators on gun manufacturing.
- Taking aim on gun manufacturers. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;6/20/94, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the plan of the Law School Coalition to Combat Gun Violence to file product liability lawsuits against gun manufacturers and distributors in behalf of gun victims. Allegation of sale of unreasonable dangerous products; Failure of similar legal action in the past; Restriction of sale...
- How to keep firearms out of children's hands. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;4/6/98, Vol. 90 Issue 90, p3
Focuses on proposed new measures by lawmakers to keep firearms out of the hands of children. America's 200 million privately owned firearms; The debate heightened by the Jonesboro, Arkansas shootings; Parents questioning how to safeguard children in a nation where guns are present in an...
- Availability of Guns Is Not the Cause of Youth Violence. Lott Jr., John R. // Insight on the News;07/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p46
Comments on gun control issues in the United States. Background of the restriction on the availability of guns; Examples of federal gun control; Discussion on whether whose access really has been restricted by these laws; Dilemma facing gun-control advocates.
- Gun Control's Twisted Outcome. Malcolm, Joyce Lee // Reason;Nov2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p20
Discusses the impact of gun control on the increase in crime in England. Gun crime in inner cities; Debate over the Prevention of Crime Act in Great Britain's House of Commons; Cases that illustrate the impact of gun control legislation; Comparison between crime rates in Great Britain and the U.S.
- Backtalk from "Strength in numbers," Feb. 21. // Missoula Independent;2/28/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p4
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Strength in Numbers" by Alex Sakariassen in the February 21, 2013 issue.
- Bringing a Pen to a Gunfight. Rall, Ted // Progressive Populist;9/15/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p19
The article asserts that liberal gun opponents must call for the repeal of the Second Amendment if they want to put an end to America's bloody love affair with guns, or they would look foolish, dishonest and weak, if they only propose little changes to gun control laws.
- Gun play. Buchanan, John M. // Christian Century;5/17/2003, Vol. 120 Issue 10, p3
Addresses the issue of gun violence in the U.S. Passage of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act; Incidents of gun violence; Implications for gun control.
- Guns & the Law. Stenning, Philip C. // Beaver;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p6
Provides information on the history of private ownership of firearms in Canada. Legal measures in the 18th and 19th century concerning gun control; Views on the use of firearms for security and commercial hunting; Rationale behind the inclusion of the private ownership of firearms in the...