A CROSS-NATIONAL PERSPECTIVE ON SCHOOL BULLYING IN NORTHERN IRELAND: A SUPPLEMENT TO SMITH, ET AL. (1999)
- Educate, Integrate, or Alienate? Stolyarova, Galina // Transitions Online;3/17/2014, p20
The article focuses on the chauvinist victimization in schools in Russia. It is noted that by not offering places to immigrant children, who make up four percent to 10% of total Russian enrollment, some schools are reported by nongovernmental groups to avoid ethnic tensions simply. It is stated...
- Bullying & violence. Headley, Sue // Youth Studies Australia;Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p60
Presents an abstract of the research "Bullying and Victimisation: Prevalence and Relationship to Gender, Grade Level, Ethnicity, Self-Esteem, and Depression," by D. Seals and J. Young, published in "Adolescence," vol. 38, no. 152.
- Perceived Social Support among Bullies, Victims, and Bully-Victims. K. Holt, Melissa; L. Espelage, Dorothy // Journal of Youth & Adolescence;Nov2007, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p984
Research indicates that social support plays a protective role among adolescents, but little research has explicitly evaluated its function among youth involved in bullying. Accordingly, this study examined relations among social support, bully/victim status, and psychological distress in a...
- END THE BULLY'S REIGN. O'Malley, Brian J. // Boys' Life;Sep2005, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p48
Offers guidelines for prevention of bullying in school.
- Historical Vignette. // Journal of Correctional Education;Mar2001, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p10
Defines bullies in the local school context and in institutions. Environmental causes of the problem; Approaches for modifying the behavior of bullies.
- STICKY SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;2/6/2012, Vol. 80 Issue 15, p7
The article solicits ideas from young readers of "Scholastic News" magazine on dealing with a bully in school.
- The abuse of 'bullying'. FRASER, BRAD // Xtra (Toronto);2/21/2013, Issue 739, p15
The author discusses the abuse of bullying and recalls the bullying incidents he experienced when he was attending schools in British Columbia and Alberta.
- WHISKERS'S CORNER. // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;Jan2009, Vol. 78, Special section p4
The article poses a question to children on how to rebuke a classmate who is making fun of a new girl in their class who dresses differently.
- Back Off, Bullies! // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;Oct2011, Vol. 81, Special section p2
The article offers information on bullying at school and how to stop it.