- Predicting Trends in HIV-1 Sexual Transmission in Sub-Saharan Africa Through the Drug Resource Enhancement Against AIDS and Malnutrition Model: Antiretrovirals for 5 Reduction of Population Infectivity, Incidence and Prevalence at the District Level. Palombi, Leonardo; Bernava, Giuseppe M.; Nucita, Andrea; Giglio, Pietro; Liotta, Giuseppe; Nielsen-Saines, Karin; Orlando, Stefano; Mancinelli, Sandro; Buonomo, Ersilia; Scarcella, Paola; Altan, Anna Maria Doro; Guidotti, Gianni; Ceffa, Susanna; Haswell, Jere; Zimba, Ines; Magid, Nurja Abdul; Marazzi, Maria Cristina // Clinical Infectious Diseases;Jul2012, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p268
Universal human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) test-and-treat approaches have been evaluated in mathematical models. We developed a district-level model based on actual data from 26-patients in the Drug Resource Enhancement Against AIDS and Malnutrition Program in sub-Saharan Africa. Rapid...
- CD4+ T-Lymphocyte Count/CD8+ T-Lymphocyte Count Ratio: Surrogate for HIV Infection in Infants? Navaneethapandian, Poorana Ganga Devi; Karunaianantham, Ramesh; Subramanyan, Sudha; Chinnayan, Ponnuraja; Chandrasekaran, Padmapriyadarsini; Swaminathan, Soumya // Journal of Tropical Pediatrics;Oct2012, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p394
Introduction: Early diagnosis and treatment is necessary to prevent HIV-infected infants progressing to AIDS. Antibody testing is not confirmatory before the age of 18 months and PCR not widely available in resource-poor settings. We studied the accuracy of CD4+ T-lymphocyte count, CD4% and...
- Church tackles HIV and AIDS with education. White, Herbert L. // Charlotte Post;1/29/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 21, p1B
No abstract available.
- Get Informed About HIV and AIDS. // Focus on Healthy Aging;Oct2014, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p6
The article offers information about sexually transmitted diseases AIDS and HIV including its diagnosis, risks and treatment among older adults. Among the symptoms of acute HIV infection include diarrhea, weight loss and swollen glands. HIV-infected individuals are suggested to establish care...
- Vital Signs: HIV Diagnosis, Care, and Treatment Among Persons Living with HIV -- United States, 2011. Bradley, Heather; Hall, H. Irene; Wolitski, Richard J.; Van Handel, Michelle M.; Stone, Amy E.; LaFlam, Michael; Skarbinski, Jacek; Higa, Darrel H.; Prejean, Joseph; Frazier, Emma L.; Patel, Roshni; Ping Huang; Qian An; Ruiguang Song; Tian Tang; Valleroy, Linda A. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;11/28/2014, Vol. 63 Issue 47, p1113
Background: Infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), if untreated, leads to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and premature death. However, a continuum of services including HIV testing, HIV medical care, and antiretroviral therapy (ART) can lead to viral suppression, improved...
- HIV Testing and Care. // Between the Lines (10807551);2/21/2013, Issue 2112, p8
In this article, the periodical offers various suggestions to its readers in Michigan on testing and management of the HIV virus infection.
- LIFE LESS ORDINARY. Stone, Robert // Gay Community News;May2014, Issue 293, p36
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being survivor after the diagnosis and treatment with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection.
- New device to speed up HIV test. // Future Medicine;Feb2013, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the development of mChip, a new low-cost device which would help speed up the diagnosis and treatment of HIV.
- A reporter's journey: Living with HIV. Walsh, Ed // Bay Area Reporter;4/18/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 16, p1
The author presents a personal narrative of his experience of getting diagnosed with HIV and being treated.