This isn't Vietnam
- ANTIWAR CRITICS NOT HELD ACCOUNTABLE. // USA Today Magazine;Dec2003, Vol. 132 Issue 2703, p1
Reports that critics of the war effort in Iraq have escaped scrutiny which the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush has been forced to undergo. Focus of the criticism by the press; Arguments of the opponents of war; Effect of the war in Iraq on the U.S.
- STAND APART, OR SHAPE THE WORLD? Devine, Frank // Quadrant Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p48
Discusses the aspects of Owen Harries' 2004 Boyer Lectures. Effect of the collapse of Soviet Union in 1940 on the technological advancement of the U.S.; Build-up of military power in the U.S.; Display of unilateralism by the U.S. upon accession to presidency in 2001 of George W. Bush; View of...
- Letter to Congressional Leaders Reporting on the Commencement of Military Operations Against Iraq. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/24/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p348
Presents the text of by United States President George W. Bush, on March 21, 2003, to congressional leaders involving the commencement of military operations against Iraq.
- Power, Morality, and Foreign Policy. Harries, Owen // Orbis;Sep2005, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p599
Despite the vast amounts of rhetoric one hears in the United States on the role of morality in international politics, the nation lacks a coherent position on the appropriate application of morality to foreign policy. History reflects two prominent and contrasting views on the subject. The first...
- Why America wants military HQ in Africa. Volman, Daniel // New African;Jan2008, Issue 469, p36
The article looks into the motive of the U.S. government in establishing the African Command (Africom), a military command of the Army for Africa. The creation of the command was influenced by the interest of the administration of President George W. Bush to the oil supplies of the continent....
- HOW BUSH CAN SAVE INTERNATIONAL LAW, NOT SACRIFICE IT. Taylor Jr., Stuart // National Journal;4/19/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p1207
Discusses the international relation opportunity of U.S. President George W. Bush, in relation to the victory of U.S. on its war initiative against Iraq. Necessary move of the U.S. to seize the opportunity; Statement given by Bush at a national security strategy meeting in September 2002;...
- Letter to Congressional Leaders Transmitting a Report on Cyprus. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/29/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p1546
Presents the text of a letter of United States President George W. Bush to Congressional leaders on October 16, 2001, which deals with international relations.
- Letter to Congressional Leaders Reporting on Continued Operations of United States Forces in Bosnia and Herzegovina. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;01/28/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p96
Presents the text of a letter sent by U.S. President George W. Bush to the Congress to provide information on continued U.S. contributions in support of peace-keeping efforts in the former Yugoslavia.
- Statement on the Peace Agreement in Indonesia/ December 9, 2992. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/16/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 50, p2142
Presents the text of a statement from U.S. President George W. Bush on December 9, 2002, which deals with the peace agreement in Indonesia.