- What's meatless chili called? Delicious. Lapointe, Susan G. // Christian Science Monitor;3/5/98, Vol. 90 Issue 68, p14
Relates how the author began cooking vegetarian meals. Why her children decided to become vegetarians; The challenge of preparing satisfying and delicious meals without meat or fish; Recipes for Black-Bean Chili and Guacamole.
- Macaroni and cheese may be a natural combo on a healthy diet. Franz, Marion J. // Diabetes in the News;May/Jun92, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p30
Discusses the vegetarian diet and natural food combinations for a healthy diet. Vegetarian diet, including macaroni and cheese, can be a good meal plan; Reasons for selecting the vegetarian plan; Key to a successful food plan; Animal and plant proteins; Complementary food combinations; Complete...
- Life choice frozen vegetarian meals. // Environmental Nutrition;Nov92, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p8
Announces the introduction of prepared meat-free meals from the maker of the Healthy Choice line of reduced-fat foods. Reviews the meals offered; Quick Chick-Pea Curry, Multibean Minestrone; More.
- Back to our roots. // Essence (Essence);Jan1989, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p85
A report on root vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, and turnips, which are low-calorie and sources of important minerals. Recipes.
- Vegetable sauces and salsas. Haskell, R.R. // Flower & Garden;Aug89, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p56
Gives several recipes for vegetable sauces and salsas.
- Meatless in Burgerland. Hurley, Jayne; Schmidt, Stephen // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar94, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p10
Presents the use of vegetable products in burgers or veggieburgers. Composition of gardenburgers; Comparison of the nutritional content of vegetable and beef burgers; Rating of vegetable, soy or wheat protein and grain burger products. INSET: No meat...how neat..
- Daring vegetarian. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Oct95, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p11
Presents vegetable recipes and preparation instructions for dieting individuals. Includes Saint Bards lentil salad; Sweet potato and parnship casserole; Spaghetti with white bean sauce.
- Think spring! Martin, Jeanne Marie // Total Health;Apr93, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p24
Presents several recipes to be used for spring vegetables. Early Garden Salad; Herbs and Oil Dressing; Spring Green Onion Soup; Spinach Tofu Calzones; Rice and Parsley Casserole.
- Veritable vegetarian. Gatsos, Diane // Food Management;Apr98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p60
Presents information on several vegetarian recipes. Comments from Claire Criscuolo, chef/owner of Claire's Corner Copia vegetarian restaurant in New Haven, Connecticut; How to prepare to Mushroom Tofu Stroganoff, Chinese Orange Beef and Pasta Puttanesca. INSET: The vegan pantry.
- Vegetables for a traditional Thanksgiving. Bubel, N. // Country Journal;Nov87, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p64
Planning the Thanksgiving meat around native, heirloom vegetables. Planting and harvesting corn, turnips, pumpkins, cabbage, squash, beans, carrots and beets. INSET: Sources for seeds of older varieties of vegetables..