the rise and rise of globalisation
- The Folly of Forgetting the West. Serfaty, Simon // Policy Review;Aug/Sep2012, Issue 174, p35
The author argues that, although Eastern countries are emerging as global powers and many suppose that Western influence has fallen into decline, Western countries should still play an important role in shaping global politics. According to the author, Western countries like the U.S. are...
- America, China, and Russia. Wireman, Billy O. // Vital Speeches of the Day;06/01/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 16, p495
Presents a speech by Billy O. Wireman, president of Queens College, Charlotte, North Carolina, delivered at the University of Mauritius on March 1, 2001. Consequences of globalization and its impact on the emerging geo-political dynamics that will shape the 21st century; Struggles evolving in...
- Problems Without Passports. Annan, Kofi A. // Foreign Policy;Sep/Oct2002, Issue 132, p30
Discusses the growth of an international community and the effects of globalization. Connections between communities in different nations; Debate about the concept of an international community; Growth of communication and information technologies; Establishment of an International Criminal Court.
- Sinking Globalization. // Future Survey;Apr2005, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p3
Presents an overview of the article "Sinking Globalization," by Niall Ferguson published in the March to April 2005 issue of "Foreign Affairs."
- RISKS AND OPPORTUNITIES OF A NEW WORLD ORDER. Peak, Martha H. // Management Review;Jan92, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p6
Discusses key issues relevant to world politics, economics and international relations. Leadership of the U.S. in world affairs; Relations between U.S. and the Soviet Union; Political conditions in the Soviet Union; Implications of globalization and democracy.
- In the Eye of the Storm? Implications of China in the Corridors of Global Power. Okpeh, Jr., Okpeh O. // Journal of Asia Pacific Studies;2009, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
The article presents a study which examines the significance of China's appearance on the increasing dominance of global politics in the course of the 21st century. It explores the increasing global relevance of China and its issues such as becoming a major contender for both regional and global...
- Globalisation and the Law. Kinley, David // Legaldate;Aug2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the role of law in the globalization process and the effects of the globalization process on the law. Role of international law on the process of globalization; Function of several international organizations on the process of globalization; Discussion on two factors leading to...
- THE SLIPPERY PATHS OF COMMEMORATION AND HERITAGE TOURISM: THE NETHERLANDS, GHANA, AND THE REDISCOVERY OF ATLANTIC SLAVERY. Oostindie, Gert // NWIG: New West Indian Guide / Nieuwe West-Indische Gids;2005, Vol. 79 Issue 1/2, p55
The article discusses the international politics of the Atlantic slave trade and the slave systems of the Americas. Authoritative scholarly estimates now put the total of enslaved Africans embarked at around 11 million, with just over 9.5 million actually landing alive in the Americas. In the...
- Ethics and International Politics: A Response. Dallmayr, Fred // Journal of International Political Theory;Sep2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p252
No abstract available.