- Grizzly bear comeback prompts growls of protest. Wilkinson, Todd // Christian Science Monitor;1/13/97, Vol. 89 Issue 33, p1
Discusses whether grizzly bears should be removed from the Endangered Species List. Speculation that the Endangered Species Act might be reauthorized by the United States Congress; What federal wildlife officials in Denver, Colorado, plan to do with grizzly bears; Reference to the bears at...
- Grizzly fate. WILKINSON, TODD // National Parks;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 72 Issue 11/12, p30
Reports on the process of removing Yellowstone National Park's grizzly bear population from protection under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) as early as 1999 in the United States. Criticism of the possible delisting; Details on grizzly bear protection; Link between unsecured habitat and higher...
- THE BIG QUESTION. // Backpacker;Sep2005, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p50
Presents the opposing views of wildlife biologist Chris Servheen and Wild Bears Project Coordinator Louisa Willcox on removing grizzly bears from the endangered species list of the Yellowstone National Park in Montana.
- Do The Numbers Lie? Lanza, Michael // Backpacker;Feb2005, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p53
Focuses on a proposal of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to remove grizzly bears from the Endangered Species List.
- STREET TALK. // Missoula Independent;5/22/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p4
The article presents thoughts from several people, including Chris Stube, Clara Meinershagen and Thayne Ulschmid, on the idea of removing grizzly bears from the list of endangered species in certain regions of Montana.
- The last grizzlies of the American West: the long hard road to recovery Willcox, Louisa // Endangered Species Update;Sep/Oct1997, Vol. 14 Issue 9/10, p11
No abstract available.
- Bearly Surviving. White, Bill // National Parks;Nov/Dec84, Vol. 58 Issue 11/12, p7
Presents a letter to the editor discussing the status of the endangerment of grizzly bears in the U.S. in 1984.
- Return of the Bear. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;2/27/2004, Vol. 73 Issue 20, p2
Reports on the return of the endangered grizzly bears in the U.S. Features of the grizzly bear; Reasons for the decline in population of grizzly bears; Number of bears that live in the Yellowstone National Park which covers parts of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho; Law that protects grizzly bears.
- DID YOU KNOW? // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;4/16/2007, Vol. 69 Issue 21, p2
The article reports that grizzly bears at the Yellowstone National Park were taken off the endangered species list. Grizzly bears were listed as threatened in 1975 while today, there are more than 500 bears which roam the Yellowstone National Park.