BATTLING THE BULLIES
- END THE BULLY'S REIGN. O'Malley, Brian J. // Boys' Life;Sep2005, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p48
Offers guidelines for prevention of bullying in school.
- Historical Vignette. // Journal of Correctional Education;Mar2001, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p10
Defines bullies in the local school context and in institutions. Environmental causes of the problem; Approaches for modifying the behavior of bullies.
- STICKY SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;2/6/2012, Vol. 80 Issue 15, p7
The article solicits ideas from young readers of "Scholastic News" magazine on dealing with a bully in school.
- The abuse of 'bullying'. FRASER, BRAD // Xtra (Toronto);2/21/2013, Issue 739, p15
The author discusses the abuse of bullying and recalls the bullying incidents he experienced when he was attending schools in British Columbia and Alberta.
- WHISKERS'S CORNER. // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;Jan2009, Vol. 78, Special section p4
The article poses a question to children on how to rebuke a classmate who is making fun of a new girl in their class who dresses differently.
- Back Off, Bullies! // Weekly Reader - Edition 2;Oct2011, Vol. 81, Special section p2
The article offers information on bullying at school and how to stop it.
- What Would You Do? Davis, Stan // Weekly Reader News Edition 4-6;9/10/2010, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p5
The article offers advice on how to address school bullying.
- NEWS GRAPH. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;1/7/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p8
A quiz about school bullying is presented.
- Kateri School to get tougher on bullying. VENDEVILLE, GEOFFREY // Eastern Door;12/20/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p4
The article reports on the decision of Kateri School in Kahnawake, Quebec to get tougher on bullying after a series of complaints about the problem.
- PARENTS, PAY UP! Zissou, Rebecca // Junior Scholastic;9/30/2013, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p15
The article presents information on preventing bullying in school.