The Medicare Drug Bill
- Medicare Band-Aids. Beckley, Elizabeth Thompson // Modern Physician;Jul2002, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p10
Reports that lobbyists for both physicians and hospitals are satisfied with the Medicare reimbursement solutions in a proposed legislative bill in the U.S. House of Representatives. Overview of the prescription drug benefit proposed by congressional Republicans and Democrats; Details of the...
- House And Senate On Course To Pass Medicare Prescription Drug Legislation. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/30/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 26, p50
Focuses on the approval of a multi-billion dollar Medicare prescription drug benefit in the U.S. Fee-for-service plan; Partnership between the government and the private sector; Financial responsibilities of aging.
- The Wrong Prescription for Medicare. Moffit, Robert; Hunter, Derek // Business Journal (Central New York);10/24/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p27
Examines the cost of the U.S. Congress' Medicare drug proposals. Overview of Medicare-reform bills; Ramifications of the bills; Retiree drug-coverage.
- Cancer Physicians Criticize Drug Plans. Hawkins, James A. // Physician Executive;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the Medicare prescription drug bills that have been criticized by oncologists and cancer patients in the U.S. Projected impact of the bill on the funds for cancer patients; Coverage of the bills; Implications of the approval of the bills into law for the willingness of oncologists to...
- A PRESCRIPTION FOR POLITICS. Cohen, Richard E. // National Journal;6/24/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p1998
Focuses on debates governing the proposed prescription drug coverage to Medicare beneficiaries in the United States. Result of a survey made on prescription drug prices; Prospects of the proposal in the Senate.
- Access & Affordability. Wechsler, Jill // Pharmaceutical Executive;Aug2000, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p22
Focuses on the legislative proposals for the pharmaceutical industry in the United States. Features of a legislation concerning prescription drug benefit program for Medicare by House Republicans; Complaint from Democrats regarding the bill; Focus of a debate over the proposal of the Food and...
- Should the House Approve H.R. 1, the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act? Con. // Congressional Digest;Feb2004, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p61
Presents a strong opposition by a Democrat to the Medicare Prescription Drug Act. Crafting of bill behind closed doors with the help of corporate interests which will most benefit; Prohibition of Medicaid, the nation's low-income health insurance program from helping with copayments;...
- Medicare reform bill squeaks through House before recess. Lovern, Ed // Modern Healthcare;7/1/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p8
Discusses the Medicare reform bill introduced by the Republicans to the U.S. Senate as of July 1, 2002. Result of the vote for the Medicare modernization and prescription-drug bill; Implication of the bill; Support provided by several healthcare associations to the initiative.
- New Medicare Reform Clashes. Fisher, Mary Jane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/8/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the political debate over Medicare reform in the United States (US). Caregiver tax credit proposal by US President Bill Clinton; Request for an enactment of the US House Republican prescription drug benefit for Medicare beneficiaries; Opinion issued by the US Department of Justice...