- editorial--blessed are the peacemongers. Hein, John // ScotsGay Magazine;Mar2003, Issue 50a, p3
Editorial. Discusses demonstrations in Scotland against the war in Iraq. Concerns of the demonstrators regarding the children in the Iraq; Details on the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq; Criticisms on the objectives of the war.
- Iraq's Young Blood. Caryl, Christian; Hastings, Michael; Johnson, Scott; Obeidi, Ayad; Obeidi, Ahmed; Sadeq, Mohammed; Dickey, Christopher; Smith, Karen Fragala // Newsweek;1/22/2007, Vol. 149 Issue 4, p24
This article profiles the emerging Iraqi youth--nearly half the country is under 18-- a generation of children acclimated to war and terror, spending less time in the classroom, and increasingly viewing the United States as an occupying force. Particular focus is on the sectarian violence, which...
- DESTINATION: BAGHDAD. // Time;4/14/2003, Vol. 161 Issue 15, p30
Offers a series of photographs of the Iraqi War, 2003. War casualties shown; Prisoners of war captured; Capture of Baghdad, Iraq's airport by the U.S. Army's Third Infantry Division; Child burn victims; Bombing of a telecommunications center.
- No return. // Christian Century;5/3/2005, Vol. 122 Issue 9, p8
Interviews U.S. Army Sergeant Kevin Benderman about his refusal to return to Iraq for a second tour of duty. Comments on the reaction of other people to his decision; Reaction to the order of a company commander to fire on small children who were throwing rocks at the U.S. troops during the war...
- "AS I WRITE THIS, I AM CRYING" Children's Letters to Iraq. // War, Literature & the Arts: An International Journal of the Huma;2007, Vol. 19 Issue 1/2, p198
The article presents a collection of letters written to soldiers serving in the Iraq War by third-grade schoolchildren. The author discusses how the children volunteered to send letters after a classmate was unsatisfied with the response to a letter she had sent to the White House. The children...
- War Child. Bohnert, Elsha; Moss, Nancy Peck // Bamboo Ridge;Spring2005, Issue 87, p31
The article presents the narratives of seven women artists from around the world. They reveal what it was like to be a child during World War II and its aftermath, from bombardments, freezing cold, and searching for food, to playing in the ruins and being sung back to life. Sparked by the...
- Children in the cross hairs. Barnes, Julian E. // U.S. News & World Report;4/21/2003, Vol. 134 Issue 13, p26
Relates the experience of Sergeant Jason Sypherd in Karbala, Iraq, during the 2003 Iraqi War. Account of how Sypherd had to kill a young boy; View of Sypherd's commanders that Sypherd and Sergeant Troy Hanner had been justified in shooting at the children; Comments of Sypherd, who has two young...
- Children of War: Voices of Iraqi Refugees. McGorray, Kelly // School Library Journal;April2009, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p147
The article reviews the book "Children of War: Voices of Iraqi Refugees" by Deborah Ellis.
- Casualties at Home. // America;4/28/2003, Vol. 188 Issue 15, p3
Editorial. Emphasizes the need for reform in public education finance in the U.S. Impact of the U.S.-led war with Iraq on education finance; Role of states and local municipalities in the reform; Level of education funds available to U.S. children.