Medicare advocacy heats up during summer recess
- Medicare: No peace do we find. Stoil, Michael J. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar98, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on the continued debate over the Medicare legislation by legislatures of the United States. Prediction of Senator Phil Gramm on the healthcare debate; Reexamination on how the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 can addressed Medicare.
- NEW HOSPITAL FUNDING-MAYBE. // Trustee;Sep2002, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p4
Reports the passage of the Medicare Modernization and Prescription Act of 2002 in the U.S. House in September 2002. Funds to be provided by the bill for medical care services; Components of the bill.
- Quick Hits: Top News Stories of the Month. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Aug2009, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p18
The article offers health care-related developments in the U.S. in 2009. The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) has released its report on how incentives in Medicare payment system should be amended to reward value instead of volume to the Congress. The Department of Health and Human...
- Medicare details expected. // Business Insurance;9/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p2
Reports that the US House of Representatives has been expected to release its legislative details of its Medicare reform agenda.
- Medicare: the end of an era? Scott, Jeanne Schulte // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Nov2003, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p30
Comments on legislative proposals to reform Medicare in the U.S. Provision on competition between traditional fee-for-service Medicare and alternative private Medicare managed care plans; Shortcomings of the traditional Medicare model; Proposed changes in Medicare eligibility.
- Parties ponder their election-year moves. Aston, Geri // AHA News;8/05/96, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p3
Reports on views presented at a hearing convened by Democratic lawmakers to discuss the Republican Party's Medicare plans and to seek advice for the Democratic Party's platform. Recommended changes by Health and Human Services Secretary Donna Shalala; Comments by Spencer Foreman, president of...
- House Committee Explores Medicare Appeals Reform. // O&P Almanac;Aug2014, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p12
The article discusses the mismanagement of the Medicare reform by the House of Representatives' Oversight and Government Reforms Subcommittee on Energy Policy, Health Care, and Entitlements for the Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals (OMHA) in the U.S.
- Congress will craft new Medicare policy. Gatty, Bob // Urology Times;Feb97, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on possible changes in Medicare policy under the 105th Congress that could affect urology practice in the United States. Protection of the rights of Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in managed care plans to access specialty care and information; Outlawing of gag clauses in managed care...
- $285B switch might remove health hurdle. Young, Jeffrey // Hill;6/25/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 75, p1
The article reports on the budget maneuver considered by the U.S. House Democrats to reduce the headline cost of restructuring healthcare wherein Medicare payments to doctors will be raised as part of the healthcare reform bill.