Writing travelers' tales on New Literacyscapes
- New media and online literacies: No age left behind. Hagood, Margaret C. // Reading Research Quarterly;Jul-Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p387
Discusses the role of media and online literacies in reading research and education. Ways that media and online literacies affect the work of reading researchers and students' lives; Conceptualization of various forms of media literacies; Comparison between a traditional definition of text and...
- Media Smarts. Prescott, Jennifer O. // Instructor;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 114 Issue 4, p2
Introduces an article on integrating skills of media literacy.
- CURRICULUM BOX. // Screen Education;2007, Issue 45, p66
The article presents various teaching resources that can be of help to primary and middle years Australian teachers for their Media Literacy, Multiliteracies and English lessons. It provide the teachers with free online lessons, study guides and Websites where these resources supports outcomes...
- A Media Literate Approach to Developing Diversity Education. Naiditch, Fernando // Journal of Media Literacy Education;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p337
This article describes a classroom project developed in a course on diversity education that required pre-service teachers to use media literacy as a way to cross cultural borders and reach out to an online partner to exchange information and learn about different ways of relating to the world...
- New research literacies for contemporary research into literacy and new media? Nixon, Helen // Reading Research Quarterly;Jul-Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p407
Focuses on contemporary research into literacy and new media. Introduction of topics for literacy research; Suggestions regarding the development of literacy research agenda; Recommendations with regard to expanding the repertoire of research capabilities.
- Media and online literacy studies. Alvermann, Donna E.; Reinking, David // Reading Research Quarterly;Jul-Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p386
Introduces a series of articles related to media and online literacy studies.
- Media Literacy Education for a New Prosumer Citizenship. GARCÍA-RUIZ, ROSA; RAMÍREZ-GARCÍA, ANTONIA; RODRÍGUEZ-ROSELL, MARÍA M. // Comunicar;Jul2014, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p15
Access to technology and the Internet is having a positive impact on all levels, personal, family, professional and social. However, the influence of the media has not been accompanied by the promotion of media literacy. The development of the media skill among citizens, especially young people...
- Addicted to democracy: South Park and the salutary effects of agitation (reflections of a ranting and raving South Park junkie). Bruna, Katherine Richardson // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;May2004, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p682
Reflects on the effect of the "South Park" television show on the U.S. society. Topics that are directly implied on the show; Information on a show episode which affected media literacy in the society; Importance of critical literacy approach to teaching practices.
- Public Voice and New Media Literacy Skills as a Learning Outcome in the Public Speaking Classroom. Weisgerber, Corinne // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2008, p1
In a world characterized by rapidly changing communication technologies, we may need to broaden our definition of what constitutes public speech to include new means of communicating. As a result, the speech course of the 21st century needs to reflect this broadened definition and teach students...