TheWorld: Teachers back gays
- GAY TEACHERS: Lesbians Battle Prejudice In The Blackboard Jungle. Freiberg, Peter // Advocate;10/2/84, Issue 404, p21
Reports on the discrimination against gay teachers in the U.S. Incidents of discrimination against gay teachers; Court rulings in discrimination cases; Legal security of gay teachers.
- Dispatch: PROP. 6 NEWS. Anderson, Scott P. // Advocate;10/4/78, Issue 251, p10
Report on developments related to the Briggs Initiative/Proposition 6 campaign for equality in employment of homosexual teachers in Healdsburg, California as of October 4, 1978. Allegations levelled against a homosexual teacher of elementary school; Reason for blocking Proposition 6 by Los...
- GAA, DC school board panel in accord. Charles, Guy // Advocate;4/26/72, Issue 84, p7
Details the agreements reached by the District of Columbia School Board Curriculum and Student Affairs Committee and the Gay Activists Alliance of Washington. Provision of protection of gay teachers against discrimination; Initiation of sex education courses; Discussion over the eligibility of...
- Teachers win okay in Holland. // Advocate;12/8/71, Issue 74, p5
Reports on the support expressed by several religious groups toward the acceptance of gay teachers in the Netherlands. Emphasis made by the Catholic Teachers Federation on the right of gays to privacy; Criticisms made by the League of School Boards for Catholic Primary Education on the...
- Fired teacher rejects settlement. Lewis, S. Gregory // Advocate;5/22/74, Issue 138, p13
Gay historians have discovered many homosexual men and women who have been removed from history books, and erasing of gay people continues even till date. The case of Peggy Burton, school teacher, is one such episode which speaks of discrimination against homosexuals in the workplace. Burton was...
- FEDERAL. // Education Week;2/9/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p2
The article presents an update on educational policies in the U.S. The State-Federal Assembly of the National Conference of State Legislatures is opposing U.S. President Ronald Reagan's plan to disperse federal education programs among several federal agencies. A Congressional hearing on a bill...
- Christopher Whitney: 'The Sex Guy' on health and happiness. Nash, Suzi // Philadelphia Gay News;6/13/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 24, p27
An interview with HIV/AIDS educator Christopher Whitney is presented. Topics discussed include his job as the HIV/AIDS director at the Bucks County Health Department in Pennsylvania for 16 years, lecturing about AIDS health and sex in schools and rotary clubs, and his musical interests. Also...
- Sex ed discussed. Gibson, David // Body Politic;Feb77, Issue 30, p5
Provides information on the highlights of a forum on sex education and homosexuality in secondary schools organized by the Gay Alliance Toward Equality. Problems regarding the sex education curriculum; Discrimination against gay teachers; Means to promote positive sex education in schools.
- ABSTINENCE-ONLY SEX EDUCATION IS NOT ENOUGH. // USA Today Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 129 Issue 2668, p7
Focuses on the results of a study conducted by The Alan Guttmacher Institute which focused on sexual education teachers in the United States.