Sex-ed comes out
- Text of Secretary Bennett's 'James Madison High School'. // Education Week;1/13/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 15/16, p27
An excerpt from the paper "James Madison High School," written by United States Education Secretary William J. Bennett which highlight proposed changes on secondary education curriculum.
- WALKING THE DEMOCRATIC TALK: INTRODUCTION TO A SPECIAL ISSUE ON COLLABORATIVE RULE-MAKING AS PREPARATION FOR DEMOCRATIC CITIZENSHIP. Effrat, Andrew; Schimmel, David // American Secondary Education;Summer2003, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p3
Introduces a series of articles concerning secondary education in the U.S., published in the summer 2003 special edition of the periodical 'American Secondary Education.' Character of the informal or hidden curriculum in schools; Challenges encountered in the implementation of Collaborative...
- High School Curriculum in Illinois. Humm, William; Buser, Robert L. // Educational Leadership;May80, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p670
Discusses results of a survey on the high school course offerings in the 1976-1977 school year in Illinois. Subject offerings; Enrollments; Course offerings.
- Independent Study: Route to Academic Equity for Rural High Schools. Joiner, Lee Marvin; Silverstein, Burton J.; Clay, Michael B. // Educational Leadership;Apr81, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p578
Deals with the use of computers and correspondence courses by small high schools in the U.S. to diversify their curriculums. Kinds of delivery systems; Costs of the use of computers and correspondence courses in schools; Explanation for the lack of discipline problems among students in the use...
- Interdisciplinary instruction. Castanos, Janet // Thrust for Educational Leadership;Apr97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p33
Focuses on the interdisciplinary, integrated curriculum implemented in California's secondary schools. Emphasis on the integration of subject areas into the planning procedure; Need for students to understand the relationship between classroom learning and real world experiences; Student...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;6/26/1978, Vol. 54 Issue 19, p79
An excerpt from the notice distributed at the J. Eugene McAteer High School, about the changes in the time schedule of some classes is presented.
- Cercetarea stiintifica ï¿½n domeniul educatiei pentru sanatate. Mariana, Musat // Educational Sciences Review / REPERE: Revista de Stintele Educat;2012, Issue 6, p50
The research concerning health education in high school has had a predominantly experimental approach whose goal was the development and testing of the impact of a curricular model -- a regime of optional discipline -- Health Education for high school students. The experiment focused on a target...
- Civics and Citizenship Education School Awards 1998. Dowling, Karen // Ethos 7-12;1999 Term 1, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p32
Provides information on several education programs of the Eaglehawk Secondary College in Australia in 1998. Activities of its Student Representative Councils; Background on extra-curricular activities in the school; Details of the Studies of Society and Environment curriculum of the school.
- Restructuring Secondary Education Through Curriculum Frameworks in Tennessee. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;May2003, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the reconstruction of secondary education through curriculum frameworks in Tennessee. Examination of graduation requirements for the university and technical paths; Number of curriculum frameworks in manufacturing, construction and transportation; Requirements for postsecondary...