Palestinian Authority to receive withheld tax revenues without Israeli deductions
- Any cut in tax breaks for mortgages could hurt. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;12/20/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p25
In this article, the author reflects on the move of the U.S. Congress to add a two-year extension of tax breaks after the government showed a 13.8 trillion dollars in debt.
- Penalty for early redemption. // Accountancy;Apr87, Vol. 99 Issue 1124, p168
Answers a reader's question on allowable deduction for penalty paid for early redemption in Great Britain. Acquisition and subsequent disposal of a freehold of a property; Penalty on early redemption; Rejection of the deduction claim.
- Night move. // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p10
In this article the author discusses a bill approved by the state legislature of Ohio providing state income tax deduction for losses on gambling. He criticizes the bill as it covers losses from gambling at anywhere. According to him, limiting it losses incurred in casinos in Ohio could have...
- Latest changes to the Japanese consumption tax: rate increase and taxation of digital services. NISHIYAMA, YUMI // World Journal of VAT/GST Law;2014, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p108
The article focuses on the changes to the Japanese consumption tax (JCT) which include the increase in tax rate and the taxation on digital services. It reveals the reasons why the Japan Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Japanese Business Federation and seven other business groups opposed to the...
- Spending Cuts or Tax Adjustments: How Can UEMOA Countries Control Their Budget Deficits? // International Journal of Business & Economics;2010, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p233
No abstract available.
- TAX AND STATEMENT MATTERS OF THE INCOME TAX FOR THE YEAR 2010. BUSUIOCEANU, Steliana // Bulletin of the Transilvania University of Brasov. Series V: Eco;2011, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p143
The numerous legislative changes that occur from one financial year to another are not always able to clarify points of divergence existent between establishing the tax profit and the accounting one. Thus, accountants are sometimes put in difficulty, regarding the obligation to present the...
- New Mandate -- and New 'Fiscal Cliff' Math. Eskow, Richard (RJ) // Progressive Populist;12/1/2012, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p1
The article focuses on efforts of U.S. President Barack Obama to reach out to House Majority Leader John Boehner and negotiate a deal to avoid the fiscal cliff, the spending cuts and tax hiked scheduled take effect unless Congress rescinds the law that created it. Although he told Reuters that...
- GETTING READY FOR THE TAX MAN. Schultz, Ellen // Fortune;Fall1988 Special Issue, Vol. 118 Issue 10, p129
The article provides tips for taxpayers to consider to cut one's taxes in the U.S. Tax experts are calling clients to take as much income as possible in 1988 and 1989, and to postpone deductions to 1990. It is appropriate to pay off one's debts to take advantage of the decreasing deductibility....
- CHAPTER 14: More Deductions. Fishman, Stephen // Tax Deductions for Professionals;12/1/2012, p323
The article offers information on tax deduction in the U.S. It states that cost of advertising related to business is treated as operating expense and so is deductible. It mentions that companies deduct cost of website development and maintenance as advertising costs though tax experts feel that...