Deferrals could keep 18,000 in Iowa
- The benefit of tax deferral and stepped-up basis... Fender, William E.; Miller, Milton // CPA Journal;Oct97, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p58
Provides information on the benefit of tax deferral and stepped-up basis in taxable portfolios and investments. Ways on how investors can benefit from deferred taxes or interest-free loan; Stepped-up basis; Benefits of tax deferral; Equivalent pre-tax rates of return; Design priorities for...
- The taxman speaketh. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;11/6/95, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p2
Reports on a package of tax cuts and policy changes being prepared by Governor George Pataki and Bureau of the Budget. Three state taxes to be cut; Comments from Commissioner Michael H. Urbach; Problem in Westchester County.
- Editor's note. O'Connor, Walter F. // International Tax Journal;Spring98, Vol. 24 Issue 2, pIII
Editorial. Focuses on whether deferral elimination can be used in tax policies in the United States. Reference to Stanley Surrey writing a paper on what he would do to defferal Information on the Treasury Department attraction to defferal; Details on the initiation of Subpart F in October...
- Final installment of deferred additional 1993 income taxes due. // National Public Accountant;Mar96, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p11
Announces the date of the third and final installment of deferred additional income taxes due 1993. Two options for taxpayers to pay the final installment.
- Report to Virginia debt advisory panel paints rosy picture. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/11/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30290, p4
States that Virginia has the capacity to authorize between $445 million and $450 million in tax supported debt from 1997 to 2007, while limiting total debt service to 5 per cent of state revenues. What the preliminary revenue projections for the 1999-2000 biennium show; What resulted in the...
- FRS 19 DEFERRED TAX. McNally, Bridget // Accountancy Ireland;Jun2002, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p23
Focuses on the impact of the deferred tax FRS 19 to companies in Ireland. Concept of timing difference; Recognition of deferred tax; List of exceptions permitted by FRS 19.
- Retirement Strategies: Compounding Savings. Williams, Rebecca C. // Advisor Today;May2000, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p52
Considers retirement planning as a financial concern for working Americans. Description on a `qualified' retirement plan; Example that illustrates the value of tax deferral and the power of compounding; Question that a financial professional might ask.
- Deferring gains under flexible life-kind exchange rules. Knight, Ray A.; Knight, Lee G. // CPA Journal;Nov94, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p36
Looks at how taxpayers can transform a transaction that in substance seems to be a taxable sale of business or investment property into an IRC Sec. 1031 tax-deferred exchange. General rules; Deferred exchanges; Identification requirements; Structuring; Acceptable limitations on transferor's...
- Bob's mailbox. Pease, Bob // Electronic Design;05/31/99, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p68
Gives an advice in handling deferred tax. Difference between trusts and wills; Attorney charge for trust legal paperworks; Popularity of will over trust; Importance of filing a trust rather than a will; Need for consulting services of a certified public accountant.