THE GHOSTS OF APP PERMISSIONS PAST
- Social Network Privacy Settings Compared. MEDIATI, NICK // PC World;Sep2012, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p37
The article compares the privacy settings of several social network websites including Twitter, Google+, and Facebook. Topics include the difference between Public and Friends settings on Facebook, the Circles structure of Google+ that allows users to organize their followers into discrete...
- Access Control Framework for Social Network System using Ontology. Kumar, Vipin; Kumar, Sachin // International Journal of Computer Applications;Oct2013, Vol. 79, p10
In recent years, we have seen unprecedented growth in the area of Online Social Networking (OSN) that is still keeping on day by day. Social networking websites such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter are using widely by people to share personal and public information with friends, coworkers,...
- Social media brings business, but complicates security. Messmer, Ellen // Network World;5/21/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on the impact and danger of the use of social media on business security. It states that while social media, like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, has become a part of life of employees and of the businesses for social interaction, it make employees spill sensitive data about...
- Facebook dominates, butâ€¦. Walmsley, Andrew // Marketing (00253650);8/3/2011, p12
The article discusses the benefits of social networking site Facebook and tackles the potential of its competitors Twitter and Google.
- SOCIAL MEDIA -IMAGE SIZE- CHEAT SHEET. // CoSIDA Digest;Aug2014, p64
The article presents the image size of several social media platforms which include Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
- Social activity boosts Google rankings. // PRWeek (London);6/15/2012, p17
The article reports on the results of a study conducted by Searchmetrics which show the improvement of ranking of search engine Google because of the social networking sites Facebook and Twitter.
- Future of Google+ looks uncertain. // Web User;5/7/2014, Issue 344, p9
The article reports on the rumours regarding the uncertain future of social networking site Google+, which never became popular like Facebook and Twitter, focusing on the its impact on Google+ users.
- Social media spring clean. Powell, Fiona // NZ Business + Management;Oct2015, Vol. 29 Issue 9, pM26
The article discusses the importance of spring cleaning social media profiles in preventing potential privacy issues. Particular focus is given to social networking websites Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Facebook users are advised to check their privacy settings and review which information...
- Friends? Who needs them. Aron, Jacob // New Scientist;1/28/2012, Vol. 213 Issue 2849, p21
The article discusses research by scientist Adam Sadilek and team on the use of a dynamic Bayesian model to predict the location of a user of the social networking site Twitter through the analysis of time and location data from Twitter activity of people on that user's friend network. Also...