Apathy, not AIDS, undermining community health
- ZONES OF INDIFFERENCE AND THE AMERICAN WORKPLACE: THE CASE OF PERSONS WITH HIV/AIDS. Slack, James D. // Public Administration Quarterly;Fall2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p355
The Americans with Disabilities Act protects the rights of employees with HIV/AIDS but much can happen within the work setting to thwart or facilitate the intent of this piece of legislation. Informal behavior and unofficial practice are often influenced by the organization's zone of...
- Press Coverage of HIV/AIDS in Nigeria and the Socio-cultural Barriers That Inhibit Media Coverage. Obijiofor, Levi // China Media Research;Oct2010, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p24
No abstract available.
- Don't be indifferent to indifference. // Christian Science Monitor;9/22/99, Vol. 91 Issue 208, p19
Asserts that continuing indifference and apathy only make problems worse.
- Caring about apathy. // Christian Science Monitor;6/7/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 135, p19
Discusses apathy, in light of predictions of voter apathy in Great Britain's elections for prime minister, and how prayer can address and change the mental state of apathy.
- The Manhattan Project: It's a bomb. Moore, John P. // Advocate;3/8/94, Issue 650, p5
Evaluates the effectiveness of an AIDS program based on the principles of the 'Manhattan Project.' Ineffectiveness of gathering AIDS scientist due to the availability of telecommunication devices; Indifference to the idea by AIDS scientists and East Coast activists; Failure of office management...
- Condition: Critical. Kuhr, Fred // Advocate;8/30/2005, Issue 945, p55
Presents an interview with Ana Oliveira, the first Latina and lesbian to serve as executive director of Gay Men's Health Crisis, about AIDS and apathy. Way that groups balance providing client services with education efforts; Challenges faced in fund-raising; Response to critics who say that...
- Cognitive Reserve Protects Against Apathy in Individuals with Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Shapiro, Miriam E.; Mahoney, Jeannette R.; Peyser, Deena; Zingman, Barry S.; Verghese, Joe // Archives of Clinical Neuropsychology;Feb2014, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p110
Apathy is associated with impaired neuropsychological functioning in individuals with HIV. While cognitive reserve (CR) delays neurocognitive decline, CR's relationship with apathy has never been studied. We examined CR's association with apathy in 116 HIV-positive individuals recruited from an...
- Heartaches by the numbers. R.E.B. // U.S. Catholic;Feb98, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p2
Opinion. Examines the seeming indifference by Americans to poor people. Features of the 1996 debate on welfare reform in the United States; Problems with the welfare system; Features of the debate on immigration reform.
- BETWEEN US. // RN;Oct85, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p73
Addresses questions about the nursing profession. Motivation of an apathetic staff; Information on the way nurse-managers must dress up; Implications of giving medication to patients while they are asleep.