- NOW SHOWING: THE TICK OF THE MONTH. // Veterinary Economics;Mar2015, Vol. 56 Issue 3, Special section p4
The article mentions several online videos related to different types of ticks, including Dermacentor andersoni, brown dog tick, and spinose ear tick.
- Tick trivia answers! // Veterinary Economics;Mar2015, Vol. 56 Issue 3, Special section p14
The article features trivia related to ticks and the diseases they transmit, explaining treatment for tick paralysis, its clinical effects, and recovery of dogs in North America after tick removal.
- The invisible threat. // Veterinary Economics;Mar2015, Vol. 56 Issue 3, Special section p14
The article offers tips from veterinarian Marty Becker on the lackadaisical attitude of pet owners toward parasites, due to the invisibility of the parasite's threat.
- Ticks in 2015. // Veterinary Economics;Mar2015, Vol. 56 Issue 3, Special section p5
Statistics are given related to ticks in 2015 in the U.S. including the percentage of dog owners who are aware of ticks in their area, rate of cat owners who use tick prevention, and percentage of clients who discussed ticks during veterinary visit.
- TICK tips EVERYONE should know. // Veterinary Economics;Mar2015, Vol. 56 Issue 3, Special section p8
The article features handouts to help veterinary clinics keep their clients and pets safe from ticks and tick-borne diseases, citing the significance of a clinic's parasite prevention program in the society.
- TICK TRIVIAâ€” test yourself. // Veterinary Economics;Mar2015, Vol. 56 Issue 3, Special section p13
A test for veterinary medicine practitioner about ticks and the diseases they transmit is presented.
- PUTTING PESTS TO REST. Thornton, Kim Campbell // Dog World;Apr2004, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p38
Discusses about parasite prevention in dogs. Facts about fleas; Preventive measures against ticks; Ways to prevent heartworm in dogs. INSETS: Tick Search-and-Destroy Mission;Protecting Your Dogs.
- Hepatozoon canis infection in ticks during spring and summer in Italy. Dantas-Torres, Filipe; Latrofa, Maria; Weigl, Stefania; Tarallo, Viviana; Lia, Riccardo; Otranto, Domenico // Parasitology Research;Feb2012, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p695
Hepatozoon canis is a common protozoan of dogs, being among the most prevalent tick-borne pathogens infecting dogs around the world. It is primarily transmitted by Rhipicephalus sanguineus, the brown dog tick. In this study we tested ticks collected from dogs and from the environment in order to...
- First report of Cercopithifilaria spp. in dogs from Eastern Europe with an overview of their geographic distribution in Europe. Ionică, Angela; D'Amico, Gianluca; Mitková, Barbora; Kalmár, Zsuzsa; Annoscia, Giada; Otranto, Domenico; Modrý, David; Mihalca, Andrei // Parasitology Research;Jul2014, Vol. 113 Issue 7, p2761
Dogs in Europe may be parasitized by a variety of species of filarioids. While some species have been studied for decades, others have been only recently reported, and their range of distribution is still unknown. The present study was aimed to investigate the occurrence of Cercopithifilaria...