Low oil prices sink Chevron Arctic drilling plans
- Chevron cancels Canadian Arctic drilling. // Energy Today (Hungary);12/19/2014, p2
The article discusses putting on hold of a project to drill for oil by energy company Chevron Corp in the Beaufort Sea in Canada's Arctic due to falling global oil prices.
- Crude Prices Rise, For 1 Day. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/18/2014, pA01
5 U.S. stockpiles slid by 800,000 barrels to 379.9 mil last week, a smaller fall than expected. Brent crude rose $1 to $61 a barrel; U.S. futures rose 54 cents to $56.47 after hitting $58.98.
- Gulf of Mexico Poised for Oil and Gas Production Growth. Carson, Erin; Mercurio, Angelique // EnerKnol Research;3/12/2015, p1
The article reports on the likely growth of oil and gas production in the Gulf of Mexico (GOM) under the U.S. Bureau of Ocean Energy Management-proposed 2017-2020 GOM Lease Sale 246 oil and gas leases in the Western GOM Planning Area. It discusses the 2006 Gulf of Mexico Energy Security Act...
- Making Progress on Putting The Gulf of Mexico Back to Work. Olson, Pete // Sea Technology;Jan2012, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p39
The article discusses offshore drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. Topics covered include the economic impact of the moratorium on offshore oil production in the Gulf of Mexico, the permitting process for offshore drilling, and performance-based regulations. It is noted that the development of...
- 2015 to Define U.S. Offshore Oil and Gas Activity For Remainder of Decade. Kearns, Michael // Sea Technology;Jan2015, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p28
The article explores how 2015 will define the U.S. offshore oil and gas industry for the remainder of the decade. Topics covered include the preparation of the majority of the next Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Five-Year Leasing Program, which include schedules of oil and gas lease sales, during...
- Fracking's Fault Lines. Parsi, Novid // PM Network;Jan2016, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses the adverse impact of falling oil prices on hydraulic fracturing (fracking) projects in the U.S. Topics covered include the decline in number of rigs drilling for oil and fracking service providers, selective and strategic approach adopted by mid-tier and smaller companies,...
- Chevron unveiled a deepwater oil discovery in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. // World Energy News;3/26/2013, p2
The article reports that multinational energy company Chevron Corp. has announced a deepwater oil well discovery in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico about 190 miles off the coast of Louisiana.
- Chevron Europe plots route towards new production. // Offshore;Jan97, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p74
Focuses on Chevron Corp.'s oil well drilling operations in Europe. Oil fields with exceptionally low gravity crude in the Alba Phase II development; Exploration plans; Characteristics of heavy oil; Impact on Chevron's equity.
- Chevron suspended its search for shale gas at a site in eastern Romania. // World Energy News;10/18/2013, p7
The article reports on the suspension of the search for shale gas by the American multinational energy corporation Chevron Corp in eastern Romania due to the opposition of local residents wherein the company has won the approval for oil well drilling in the eastern county of Vaslui.