Sweden's health care future
- Social services funding debate is long overdue. Bower, Emma // Independent Nurse;5/19/2008, p17
The author reflects on issues concerning social services funding in the health care industry in Great Britain. She contends that the decision of the government to conduct a debate on the future of care and support services is an important step towards dealing a difficult problem. She comments on...
- Saving medicare for the next generation. Richards, John; Busby, Colin // Inroads;Summ/Fall2013, Issue 33, p29
The article explores the financial stability of medical services to Canadian and Swedish health care systems. Topics discussed include the equity and efficiency of medical services provided to public hospitals and medical centers, political pressures on effective cost-effective decisions and the...
- Summing up community cares and woes. Healey, Pat // Public Finance;11/5/93, p8
Discusses the concerns regarding the extra budget allotment for community care. Extra budget as relief for politicians and managers; Forecasts on cuts in social services; Consultation with local government and health service for the settlement of the grant.
- PR View. Turett, Nancy // Medical Marketing & Media;May2003, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p34
Explores public and institutional thinking about the healthcare industry in the U.S. Interdependence of health systems; Health promotion; Disease prevention.
- HEALTH CARE. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/11/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p12
This section offers news briefs about the health care sector in Utah, including the opening of the Pioneer Valley Hospital Inpatient Behavioral Health Services in Salt Lake City, establishment of The Vision Institute by the John A. Moran Eye Center at the University of Utah and the top rank of...
- Tories bring in plans for patient's passport. Boles, Corey // Money Marketing;3/20/2003, p8
Reports on the proposal for patients to have an access to a number of health care providers in Great Britain. Introduction of a patient's passport; Patient's use of a proportion of the National Health Service tariff on self-pay treatment; Plurality and diversity in both the funding and...
- CME/CNE Questions. // Critical Care Alert;Apr2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p8
A quiz concerning medical issues is presented.
- Health News. // West County Journal;5/30/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 22, pB2
This section offers news briefs related to the healthcare sector in Saint Louis, Missouri as of May 2012 including the recognition of Saint Luke's Hospital with the 2012 HealthGrades Outstanding patient Experience Award and the vascular testing accreditation of Patients First Health Care's Heart...
- Just practising... // New Zealand Doctor;3/12/2014, p15
A comic strip related to healthcare industry is presented.