WHAT FOLLOWS PUTTING REASON IN ITS PLACE? "NOW VEE MAY PERHAPS TO BEGIN. YES?"
- Gun control takes aim at fall election. Kiefer, Francine // Christian Science Monitor;3/10/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 75, p2
Focuses on the role of gun control as an issue in the 2000 United States presidential race.
- ...And the Politics of Guns. // Christian Science Monitor;3/10/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 75, p10
Comments on the role of gun control in the 2000 United States presidential election.
- In Cultural Decline. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;11/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p34
Reports on the opposition to the proposal of establishing a congressional task force to examine the decline of culture in the United States. Demands of the Democrats to focus the study on gun violence; Comments from Senate Minority Floor Leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota on the proposal;...
- Like all liberal positions, leftist dogma on gun control is inconsistent. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/08/99, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p22
Points out the inconsistencies in the liberal arguments of leftists for gun control in the United States. Belief of liberals that ordinary people cannot be trusted to look out for themselves and needs supervision of other people through government regulations; Inevitability of accidental deaths...
- Bush loosens restrictions on guns. Marlantes, Liz // Christian Science Monitor;8/2/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 174, p2
Reports that the administration of United States President George W. Bush has taken steps to halt or amend gun control measures which it considers too restrictive.
- Time to Explore the Bradley Myth. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;12/27/99, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p14
Evaluates the politics of United States Democrat presidential candidate Bill Bradley. Views on America's defense spending; Perspective on domestic issues; Liberalism in the gun control issue; Reputation in the Senate as a proponent of tax reform; Stance on cultural issues.
- The Wondrous Conversion of Dubya. Ivins, Molly // Progressive;Jul2000, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p46
Comments on the status of gun control in the United States as of July 2000. Role of politics in gun deaths; Update on the implementation of handgun law in Texas.
- More liberal demagoguery about guns. Hale, Duff // Ellis County Press;1/17/2013, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p3
The article offers the author's insights on the argument on gun control in the U.S. and wrong descriptions for various weaposn used by the left.
- Filibuster corrupts democracy. WILLIAMS, JUAN // Hill;4/22/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p19
The article argues against the threats of filibuster for the failure of democrats and gun control in the U.S.