For our kids' sake, let's end the fatal attraction to guns
- On weapons and the health of society. // World Watch;May/Jun96, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p8
Gives information on quotations relating to weapons and the health of the society. Mahbub ul Haq speaking at the 21st World Conference of the Society for International Development; G. Gordon Liddy's view on guns.
- Welcome to L.A.: Now get outta the car. Shah, Diane K. // Esquire;Aug93, Vol. 120 Issue 2, p44
Discusses crime and violence in Los Angeles, California. Incidents involving the author's acquaintances; Wake of the riots after the Rodney King trial; Gangs; Increased gun sales; Fears of residents; Ambivalent attitude toward police; Effects on Hollywood; Situation in Beverly Hills.
- Handgun access. Sagall, Richard J. // Pediatrics for Parents;1992, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p5
Reports a survey of 11th graders in Seattle on the possibility of getting a handgun, cited from the `American Family Physician,' August 1992. Sources of handguns; Percentage of 11th graders who can get handguns.
- Machine-gun USA. // Newsweek;10/14/1985, Vol. 106 Issue 16, p46
America's long love affair with the gun has entered a new and dangerous phase, a nationwide craze for the most exotic, most powerful and most lethal small arms on the wide-open US market. For perhaps the last five years, the hot sellers in man gun shops have been modern combat weapons. Perhaps...
- It's 10pm; do you know where your guns are. Scanlan, Christopher // Christian Science Monitor;2/10/95, Vol. 87 Issue 53, p19
Expresses concern over the presence of firearms in homes in US and cases of unintentional killing. Death of three-year-old Jonathan Hicks of Mississippi and another child in Adamsville, Florida; Problem of parenting in US; Assessment of researchers about the factors of unintentional shootings.
- Gunslinging in America. Guterl, Fred // Discover;May96, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p84
Focuses on the issue of safety of gun ownership in the United States. Cases; Political aspects; Government policy; Results of scientific studies; Limitations of assessing the effect of gun ownership on crime rate; Expectations.
- Gun crazy: Are we a country out of control? Stasio, Marilyn // Cosmopolitan;Mar1994, Vol. 216 Issue 3, p180
Discusses the proliferation of firearms in the United States. Surge of violence between the 1993 Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons; Reactions of the public to the crimes; Issue of violent crime as a primary concern of the American public; Developments in weapons technology; Gun-control...
- The Shot. Schuh, Dwight // Bowhunter;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p96
The article discusses the conflicts between bowhunters and rifle hunters.
- Exorcising evil influences. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;6/17/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p5
Comments on the role of guns in society. Approaches for eliminating the evil influence of guns; Correlation of the murder of music performer Selena to legal issues of guns; Criticisms on the constant production of guns.