High quality essays written by financial experts are presented. Essays discuss the history of executive salaries and pay rates, current controversies related to business executives who appear to be overpaid, and various organizational theories about the appropriate pay rates for business leaders.
Comments on Pay without Performance.
Journal of Corporation Law
The article comments on the arguments presented in the book "Pay Without Performance: The Unfulfilled Promise of Executive Compensation," by Lucian...
How to Make Pay for Performance Pay Off.
Journal of Financial Service Professionals
This article discusses the best way to set up an offer of extra incentive pay to employees to meet certain deadlines or goals. Companies that engage...
Are They Worthy?
Newsweek (Atlantic Edition)
The article reports that executive pay matches executive performance, even at rates 431 times that of the average worker. Governments are responding...
Executive Compensation at Fannie Mae: A Case Study of Perverse Incentives, Nonperformance Pay, and Camouflage.
Journal of Corporation Law
The article examines issues on executive compensation at Fannie Mae in the United States, focusing perverse incentives, nonperformance pay and...
Ex-exec Badamo dies at 72
Home Textiles Today
Pays tribute to the former textile executive, Matt Badamo.
Overpaid, overweight, and over here
Pays tribute to the late advertising executive Paul Jeffreys.
Pays tribute to the late Christopher Barrett, an executive at Allsop.
Edna Goring dies, aged 92
Caterer & Hotelkeeper
Pays tribute to the late Edna Goring, a hotel executive.
Carl Levine, Former Bloomingdale's Exec
DNR: Daily News Record
Pays tribute to Carl Levine, former executive at Bloomingdale's.
A blog on the issue of executive pay in a recession is discussed.
Rising Tide Lifts Yachts
Dollars & Sense
Reports on the effect of inequality in the wealth distribution, based on the executive pay study by United for a Fair Economy. Impact of excessive...
Perform or perish
Reports on the executive pay issue in South Africa. Potential to become politicized; Average of highest to lowest pay; Executive pay's outpacing of...
Executive pay under attack
Discusses how to develop an organization's executive pay program. Correlation of executive pay with company performance; Criticisms on executive pay...
QUOTE OF THE DAY
'The issue of high pay will not resolve itself ' Deborah Hargreaves, director of the High Pay Centre, calls on the Government to do more to clamp...
Sound advice, roundly dismissed
Directors & Boards
An excerpt from the book "Fair Pay, Fair Play: Aligning Executive Performance and Pay," by Robin A. Ferracone is presented.
Card Industry Executive Pay, 2005 & 2004
Cards & Payments
A chart is presented showing the "Card Industry Executive Pay for 2005&2004."
What's new @ govexec.com
Features the pay and benefits Web site for government executives in the United States.
Pays tribute to the deceased members of the American College of Health Executives.
Executive Pay Articles A-Z
- "Say on Pay": A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing?
- 'This stuff is wrong.'
- `Cadbury II' begins work
- A Tribute to Alan Tuckett
- A wealth of options
- Aberdeen executives take 33% pay cuts
- Alex Bilanow Deat at 77
- Are the settlements about right?
- Are They Worthy?
- Around the World, 80+ Times
- Ask a benefit actuary
- Average 1996 CEO pay rose 11 percent, with options now a third of the pay package
- Badly designed packages 'can cause excessive pay'
- Balancing management and investor needs in executive pay
- Bank Execs Pay Diverted To CU
- Big shareholders wimp out on exec pay issue
- Bill Pay: Where's the Payoff?
- Biz Legend Barclay Dies
- Bob Delaney's world
- Bosses' pay up 16% ... as workers get 1% rise
- Cablers try digital entry
- Card Industry Executive Pay, 2005 & 2004
- Careful review disputes the CEO pay multiple myth
- Carl Levine, Former Bloomingdale's Exec
- CEO pay
- CEOs taking stock
- Closing the salary gap
- Comments on Pay without Performance
- COMPENSATION QUARTERLY
- CONSULTATION WATCH
- Corporate directors to spend more time on executive pay issues
- Crafting the pay of non-CEO chairmen
- CRAIN'S LIST: THE FORTUNATE 100
- CUJOURNAL.COM SURVEY
- Death of a salesman
- Drive to Legislate Executive Pay Continues
- Economy didn't slow exec pay
- Edna Goring dies, aged 92
- ENRON, GLOBAL CROSSING, AND BEYOND: IMPLICATIONS FOR WORKERS
- Ex-exec Badamo dies at 72
- Execs shouldn't expect big pay hikes
- Executive compensation 1989
- Executive Compensation at Fannie Mae: A Case Study of Perverse Incentives, Nonperformance Pay, and Camouflage
- Executive compensation
- Executive Order 12944--adjustments of certain rates of pay and allowances
- Executive order 13106--adjustments of certain rates of pay and delegation of a federal pay administration authority
- Executive Order 13322-- Adjustments of Certain Rates of Pay
- Executive Order 13420--Adjustments of Certain Rates of Pay
- Executive Pay Limitations (Book)
- Executive pay packages must reflect performance
- Executive pay plans in need of guidelines
- Executive Pay Today And Tomorrow
- Executive pay trends
- Executive pay under attack
- Executive pay--the American way
- Executive sweets
- Executive-worker pay gap growing
- Executives� pay continues to outpace workers�
- Expectations are on the rise
- EXPLAINING PAY WITHOUT PERFORMANCE: THE TOURNAMENT ALTERNATIVE
- Fading tenure
- Fair and square
- Fat-cat flap
- Fat-cat salaries are the best way to get the cream
- Firing off
- Formal executive severance programs on the rise
- Former AWI executive vice president dies
- Former Magnavox, Discwasher Exec, Thomson Dies
- from the EDITOR
- Good News: You're Fired
- GSK Shareholders Deny Garnier Sweetheart Deal
- He made you a believer
- He was always just 'Roone'
- Herbert A. Rippley
- High executive pay not linked to excessive risk taking
- Highest-paid executives
- HOT TOPIC
- In Memoriam Francis X. Basile
- In Memoriam
- IN MEMORIAM
- Integration: Not a Four-Letter Word
- Irv Harris, long-time and respected industry exec, passes away
- IS EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION A BEAUTY PAGEANT?
- Jack Emerson Dies At 43
- Jack Kennedy, 62, of J. Press
- Job-training agency's policy board nixes exec's increase, bonus
- JOHN E. BURNS REPORTS
- Jones gone--but for how long?
- Journalism Has Lost a Champion in Manning
- Kalov Memorial Set For April 6
- LAMACQ PAYS TRIBUTE TO SHENNAN
- Latin Music Executive Correoso Dies
- Legendary adman Ally remembered
- Managers should stay in touch to increase firms' profits
- Managers's salaries are on the rise, but profits needed to sustain growth
- MANAGING EXECUTIVE PAY: LESSONS FROM THE LEADERS
- Manoogian gets $1, plus
- MARKET COMPARISON EARNINGS AND THE BIDDING-UP OF EXECUTIVE CASH COMPENSATION: EVIDENCE FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM
- Mel, Sumner defend plump pay packages
- Myron Silverstein, Former Cone Mills Executive
- New Era For Boards And Executive "Pay For Performance"
- New scrutiny for exec pay
- Nicholas Pohlit
- NM rewards Tansky with a 24.6% raise
- Non-execs uncovered
- Ousted CEO will walk away with �20 million
- OVER THE TOP PAY
- Overpaid, overweight, and over here
- Pacific Century Trimming From the Top in Pay Cuts
- Paul Gattuso
- Pay and Benefits
- PAY AND BENEFITS
- Pay and benefits
- Pay Gap Over Time Between Compensation and Benefits Professionals
- Pay Is the Priority
- Pay vs. performance (composite score)
- PAYMENT INDUSTRY EXECUTIVE PAY, 2009 AND 2008
- PBGC's Martin Slate dies
- Penn Kemble, RIP
- Perform or perish
- Peter J. Sheridan
- Peter Zeisler: 1923-2005
- PROD'N MAVENS
- Puzzling proxies
- QUOTE OF THE DAY
- Recruiters scramble to fill their own ranks
- Reviewing exec pay practices
- Rewards over the long haul
- Rex Buntain remembered
- RICHARD L. BERGER
- Ricketts' legacy is his devotion to the community
- Rising Tide Lifts Yachts
- S. M. Levitas, 1894-1961
- Salary survey
- Schweizer Gipfelst�rmer
- Sen. Levin considers defense exec pay cuts
- Shareholder spring
- Shareholders could get binding vote on top pay
- Shareholders to be given 'binding votes' on executive pay
- Size has sharp effect on how shops pay AEs
- Smaller Executive Pay Raises in 2005
- So Long, Gil
- Soaring CEO wages merit close scrutiny
- Sound advice, roundly dismissed
- Spend, spend economy
- Stanford Researcher's 'Cockroach' Theory of CEO Pay
- Stock Options Continue to be Used for Executive Incentives
- Study shows CEOs really are paid for performance
- Study: Physician execs demanding higher pay
- Takes on CEO pay
- Talent ideology questioned
- Telling Your Pay-For-Performance Story
- The AFL-CIO takes its CEO pay concerns on-line
- The corporate fat cats
- The debate over executive pay: Where is it going next?
- THE FINANCIAL PAGE: PERK HOGS
- The gang of three
- The global shakeup in executive comp
- The megabuck movement
- The net
- The New Standards: Methods for Linking Business Performance and Executive Incentive Pay
- The Paycheck Report
- THE PRICE OF LEADERSHIP
- The Significance of Gender in Explaining Senior Executive Pay Variations: An Exploratory Study
- Think local, pay global
- Time for review
- Top CEO pay rose 23 percent in 1995
- Top salaries for life CEOs dwarfs P/C counterparts
- Tough at the top
- Understanding Pay-for Performance Programs
- Unions Have Small Impact On Managers' Pay
- Vale Domenic Marta
- Very fortunate CEOs: Stop the stock option madness
- What's new @ govexec.com
- Where's the loot coming from?
- Winant led the way for future female TV execs